K47 / M7 (Theirsch or Peluso?)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

@Paul W

I studied Plato some in college and I'm not sure what you're talking about or what your point is.

Are you saying that since mic circuits vary, there's no point in comparing different m7 and K47 capsules and judging some to be better than others?

Is that supposed to be relevant to whether Peluso has poor quality control and/or inflated prices?
I'm saying that if we really want this thread should be useful and constructive for all our readers, if we really want to make “Apples to apples & Oranges to oranges” comparisons, then we should always mention the capsule we used together with the microphone circuit we connected it to, what was the demand and reason for our choice(s) that we made in the specific capsule for the specific microphone circuit we connected it to and whether the capsule in synergy with the specific microphone circuit brought about the results we desired or not...

Just an example:

For me the Siegfried Thiersch Elektroakustik STW7 blue line M-7 PVC capsule and the Rico Vetterlein Mikrofonunion STW7 red line M-7 PET capsule are “the jazzy King & Queen” in any U-47 with VF-14 tube or in any MK-47 circuit with a Twin 6028/408A tubes, especially because I wanted "that syrupy velvety jazzy -one trick pony but a very good one!- Male & Female voice(s) only" for the Classic Jazz Standards that I like to play and record...

If I now chose to make an Oliver Archut U-47 Alternative circuit with an EF800 tube circuit or a M-49(a,b,c) circuit with any Alternative 5840 tube, for an “all around general purpose” microphone, for brass instruments, piano and general voices, the Arienne Audio Flat K47 capsule would be a better choice...

If I wanted to build a “Rock ‘n’ Roll Queen” Neumann - Gefell CMV563 circuit with an ECC81 – 12AT7 tube wired “en parallèle”, maybe the Arienne Audio K47 capsule would be my best choice…

In no case I wouldn’t choose a Peluso Capsule, because I'm not so much a Gearslutz rich-bitch to buy B(arbara).S(treisand). Chinese products with poor Chinese quality, with poor quality control and/or all American inflated prices (plus shipping fee to Greece, plus (high) Greek Customs, plus 25% ultra-high Greek VAT...)

Hell, with all those ultra-high crazy prices for Peluso microphones & products here in Greece, I would buy an all brat new Moog Music Muse 8-voices all Analog Synth any day in the week and I would spend the rest of my money for hookers & drugs!…

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back