anyone using the out pot on the 1176?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petrol vendor

i have the feeling this pot will be turned all up 99% of the time for me. Anyone feels different? how are you using the controlls?
I also feel i will never turn up the in pot more than half. Maybe i´ll add a series resistor or lower the gain of the input debalancing amp.

petrol vendor said:
i have the feeling this pot will be turned all up 99% of the time for me. Anyone feels different? how are you using the controlls?
I also feel i will never turn up the in pot more than half. Maybe i´ll add a series resistor or lower the gain of the input debalancing amp.
I have the feeling something might be wrong with the fixed threshold setting in your 1176. A properly working 1176 would have too much gain with the pot full up while doing moderate compression. You would clip everything afterwards and probably itself, too.

Something must be wrong with either the compressor or you setup.
The output pot on mine (rev A and D) is mostly around 12 'o clock and that's loud enough to get unity gain after compression.

and so your answers have lead me to a fault in my unit:
I replaced the FDH333 with another high quality diode couse i couldn´t get the specified part. BAT42 i think it was. So my threshold is propably at half the voltage than it should be.

Yes, the BAT42 shottky diode has waaaaaayy to large a reverse leakage current for this purpose. We NEED the ultra-low leakage of the FD333 (or FD300)

Jakob E.

Back