API 312 - HP Filter

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dawsonaudio

I've got an 8 channel rack of API 312's that I made about 10 years ago.  I've been using them as my main preamp's.  I just bought a BAE 1073mpf and have been enjoying the low pass filter option while recording.  It's only a single channel unit on the BAE mic preamp.  I'd like to add a similar low cut/high pass filter to the 8 channel mic preamps that I've already built.  I did some looking around and couldn't find any addition for this on any 312 style circuits. 

Thanks for any help here.

Nate

I have never tinkered with these circuits but I think if you Google "neve 1073 full pack" you find a good schematic set. Although the SoundSkuptor EQ73 schematic found in the technical documents section on their site is probably easier to understand.

Thanks for the reply.  So I looked at the neve 1073 schematic and it looks like the filter utilizes an inductor.  I found an inductor over at www.audiomaintenance.com number VTB 9043 .  Looks like the one that is probably used in my BAE 1073 preamp.  I also found the neve 1073 board ba182 filter pdf file on the web.

Incorporating that into the 312 would be the next step if it's possible...

Latest posts

Back