API 312 Thread!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
alo
that`s where i got mine,and still have six more,just in case i fell the need to build more fabio`s boards.
best regards
pedro

Fabio,

you wrote :
After all the test I have decided to update the board to rev4 next month, to fit any Cinemag input transformer. For instance, the CMMI-2C can be used with Forssell 992 opamps instead of JT-16-B, the CMMI-5C can be used with JLM99V or with Tamas GainBloak or even Melcor, so on. But for rev3 you have to get the ones with leads...

I didn?t thought there is limitation in the choice of the Xfrm/Opamp couple.
Which Xfmr input to use with a JFET-992, a JLM99V or a SC25 ? Or which OpAmp to use with a Cinemag CM-75101APC ?
It would be great if we could unite our experiments to build a table with input/opamp/output possibility, preferences and comments.

What's the source for 22k rev log pots in the USA? I searched for Omeg pots, found their US distributor (vimex.com) and sent them an email. I'm now waiting for them to reply, but I'm not sure if they're a distributor or a retailer. Does another manufacturer make this part and sell it in the USA?

Mine's done! Well, almost.

Everything's working well. Also you guys should know that the CMMI-8PCA does in fact plug straight into Fabio's boards. The pinout and spacing are correct. Drops right in.
I'm using CMMI-8PCA input, Cinemag CMOQ-2S ouput, and currently testing opamps (using OPA604 just for now).

Everything worked fantastically first try EXCEPT there seems to be a bit of a gain issue. I'm using a 25K log pot wired in reverse, which seems to taper correctly, but for some reason there is a high-end roll-off when I turn up the gain. The problem is made even worse when engaging the pad (because you have to crank the gain to compensate); the signal becomes completely muddy and everything above 500Hz or so is totally lost. Anyone know what could be happening?

Nevermind, I fixed it. Silly me. I apologize for my newbness; this is my first major DIY project. Feedback cap was indeed the problem, I had the wrong value in there in the first place. Thanks for the pointed and quick reply though anyway CJ. You guys are like gods of the electron. The answers to everything just jumps out at you.
Now the only thing left is that the DI auto-switch doesn't seem to be working. I had to substitute the transistor for a 2N3906, which probably has a lot to do with it.

I couldn't find a mention of this anywhere here, so I'm gonna ask. How hard would it be to put in a "clip warning" LED for this (or any, for that matter) mic pre?

Do you think it is a good idea to put ?Black Gates? capacitors in Fabio?s 312 circuit?
And which one could I upgrade to ?high end? stuff like Black Gates or Elna?

If someone could take a guess...about how much do you think it would cost to build each channel? I've been searching parts prices, but have been running in circles. I'm trying to figure out if it would just be more cost effective to purchase the API clone that SCA has.

I did a spreadsheet a nd calculated about $80-$100/channel. but this was with the Pro.file input tranny that's not yet/no longer available.

I want to try a toggle switch on Cinemag CM75101 to have a 150/600?
I think I need a SP3T.
Do you think this is right?

This is how it's done in a 1073.

1073.jpg

Back