APUTIS - M49 shipping

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Andriejus Aputis Facebook page:

"An interesting project with Burg Microphones.
Mic body designed and produced by Andriejus Aputis"

The worst part is that I no longer need the darn thing.  Ben came through with some great bodies so I finished my build.  It just ticks me off how much I paid for Andrew's and never received it.

Hi everyone,

I hope this message finds you all well.  I'm a first time poster but long time lurker to this thread.

I also purchased an M49 body kit from Andriejus Aputis a long, LONG time ago.  I assume some of you have been waiting for close to, if not over two years.  I basically put it out of my mind, with the understanding that a lot of these operations consist of one person pretty much doing most, if not all of the work and I forced myself to be patient.  I would nicely needle Andrew from time to time and he would always respond within a few days.

And funny enough, I actually received my kit a few days ago after being held up in customs (I'm located in the U.S.) for the better part of a week - seriously.  I seem to have a hard time attaching images here, but I do have it, for real.

I hope this means that Andrew will be sending out more kits very soon.  If somebody else has received their kit(s), please mention it.  Maybe this other "gig" will really help him to push it along.

All I can say is his work is really stellar.  I have more or less weekly access to a closed-to-matched pair of vintage M49b's (within ten serial numbers) and the look/finish/plating is extremely close to the originals.  I can say the same thing for the box as well.  The hardware, leather covering and velvet are all top notch and very, very close in look to the vintage ones I have experience with.

I can't speak for any other company/seller's body kit, as I haven't seen them in person, but I think they'd all be pretty hard pressed to beat the overall quality of this one.  It's also quite hefty.  In the end, it was well worth the wait.

Anyway, I wish you all the best and I hope you too have good news to report, soon!

Greg

vinylwall said:
Andrew, I wish you'd ship the stuff people paid for before you take on new stuff.  I see you are now working on the body of this new M-1 Burg microphone...  very disappointing.  https://www.facebook.com/BurgMicrophones/?fref=mentions

Hey,

With full respect, I can not find any reason why I shouldn't take new projects. Or should I sit and stare to the sky waiting for the hand of God full of money? :)

Anyway, will drop pictures later today.

P.S. I have already started shipping and will ship 1-2 pc per day. Total number for ordered is 24 pcs.

U47 - some parts have changes in visual appearance to match original U47 closer, but I do not want to post pictures here yet as some people like to "borrow" my construction and design ideas. Anyway those who ordered U47 will get better product that they paid for.

Kind regards,
Andrew

Kind regards,
Andrew

what has been done:

1525354204482-th.jpg

2t2JsN7m3x9MiVh.jpg

2t2JsNianx9MiVh.jpg

2t2JsNPEox9MiVh.jpg

2t2JsNP1zx9MiVh.jpg

2t2JsNP7ox9MiVh.jpg

2t2JsNPmzx9MiVh.jpg

2t2JsNP8ox9MiVh.jpg

Best,

Andrew

I would be interested to see a list of how many are owed parts or refunds and the grand total.
My own experience (over , what, 3 years now) is receiving one body out of an order of 5 (which was excellent), then after a long time a tiny % refund, then one or two late responses promising refund payment, to never responding to any attempts to contact.
I wouldn't mind so much if any the promises were ever fulfilled, and any attempt to refund was followed through on. A drop at a time is better than a drought.

Nielsk,

I am not pretending that everything is fine. To be honest - I am still trying to pay depts which appeared from unsuccessful platings and production issues. I know this is not fair but I have no abilities to make refunds now. I had two options to choose:

1. Continue spending money to complete orders and put refunds to the later stage;
2. Make refunds first and pause on paid orders thus getting new refund requests;

So please let me finish my commitments and then I will be financially healthy enough to return your money.

Best,
Andrew

Well you still show some presence here so there is hope.
As I have said many times, the 1 mic body I did receive was by far the best I have had, & I have used them all. That just makes it more disappointing having it all fall through.
As My father often said to me, your eyes are bigger than your stomach.... I am confident that everyone would be much happier and more tolerant if you get yourself caught up before taking on more projects.

Hi all,

Here's a picture of my U47 right next to Andrew's M49 kit that I received about a week and a half ago.  I wanted you to see what it looks like close up.  Again, it was a very long wait but it was well worth it.  I feel optimistic and I hope you all get your kits real soon!

Best,

Greg

Attachments

• U47_M49_kit.jpg
    U47_M49_kit.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 138
litespeedgreg said:
Hi all,

Here's a picture of my U47 right next to Andrew's M49 kit that I received about a week and a half ago.  I wanted you to see what it looks like close up.  Again, it was a very long wait but it was well worth it.  I feel optimistic and I hope you all get your kits real soon!

Best,

Greg

Just wondering how long you actually waited. GDIY says you registered in September of 2017. I ordered my bodies in August/Sept of 2015. Still waiting on one.

Hi iturnknobs,

Okay, this is sticky...

My correspondence with Andrew via email goes back to late 2015 and I actually ordered my kit back in January of 2016.  I only recently became a member here (after lurking here and learning some stuff for a few years) when I wanted to purchase a BV.08 lamination kit from Moby, for a U47 build - by the way, it's awesome!

Anyway, I feel for you all.  For sure, the same thing has happened to me in the past with other builders and techs but I don’t believe anyone who does this kind of work isn’t going in with the absolute best of intentions.  I just think the magnitude of and the financial outlay for these types of projects can become overwhelming very, very quickly.  I am excited to have it now though.

Best,

Greg

Andrew if you can sort all these issues out and make everyone you dealt with as reasonably happy as possible you will have a good business.
I for one would have bought a couple of 47 and 49 bodies but can't with your reputation as it is?

Hope you can sort everything out as your work is quality and maybe to do business in future?

Best of luck!

Andriejus said:
Brian,

What are you waiting for? Your name is in the refund list. Am I wrong?

Best,
Andrew

I requested a refund over 18 months ago and was under the impression that it was not financially possible. Your white market thread has disappeared and I do not remember exactly how the situation "paused". Out of desperation, I will accept either.

litespeedgreg said:
...I actually ordered my kit back in January of 2016...

Well Greg... I ordered and paid for my M49 body at least as far back as September 2015, and I still haven't received it.

I have ordered and received at least 3 U47 bodies, a bunch of his ELAM251 capsule mounts, and a crap load of U47 wood boxes.  So, as you can see, I have tried to be a GREAT CUSTOMER of Andrew's and tried to help keep the cash flow going.

But then to read you've received your M49 body before me, and paid for it after I paid for mine???  Ticks me off.  Not to mention, I just ordered more U47 boxes, but I can't get Andrew to send the damn tracking numbers like he promised a couple of weeks ago when he said they actually shipped.  I don't know if they really shipped?

Andrew, your work is impeccable.  Unfortunately, you SUCK as a businessman.  I have tried for YEARS to support you.  I even offered to send you money a year or so ago just to help get the M49's shipped to everyone.  Now I just hope you really did ship my latest order of mic boxes and logo plates and hope some day to receive the M49 body I paid dearly for so that I can offer it to someone that can actually use it since I finally built mine in Ben's M49 body.

And let me add to this, that there are some FABULOUS upright individuals here on GroupDIY that DO what they say.  Dany Bouchard (beyond top notch), Mark Chierego (one of the absolute best - O.P.R.), Eric Heiserman, Tim Campbell, Chunger (slow, but DOES ship)... the list can go on, and on...

Damn it dude!  You make fabulous products.  Either get your crap together, or partner with someone that help can make it happen.  Your future looks bright, if you could just get your business end of this together.

Jimi Ray from Michigan

Latest posts

Back