Arienne Audio - Microphone Capsules

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just ordered a pair of K87 capsules. Excited to finally finish these U87s that have been needing to be completed for months. Hopefully the production process is going as planned and that you aren't dealing with any setbacks.

They are still preorder. It was mentioned earlier that they are close to being in stock
Issue is not huge at this point (1dB loss in bass, still almost 2dB more than a K870 and more than a fair few vintage k87s) & maybe not even worth delaying any longer. Most of my (infamously discerning) testers have reviewed and liked the units, so we'll probably start shipping them this month. This is one of those times where my OCD (literal) makes me hang. It's splitting hairs' hairs' hairs. It's already better than anything else I've heard, especially the mids, but I have trouble accepting even small deviations from my design.

Last edited:
Issue is not huge at this point (1dB loss in bass, still almost 2dB more than a K870 and more than a fair few vintage k87s) & maybe not even worth delaying any longer. Most of my (infamously discerning) testers have reviewed and liked the units, so we'll probably start shipping them this month. This is one of those times where my OCD (literal) makes me hang. It's splitting hairs' hairs' hairs. It's already better than anything else I've heard, especially the mids, but I have trouble accepting even small deviations from my design.
How do you compare these newer ones to the very-first ones you sold to us here? For sure, in a month or two, I’ll be putting the ones I bought from you back in January of ‘23 into 67-type circuits with the Moby transformers I just ordered; I’m just realizing, as I type this, I already have one of them. Oh well. Add it to the big hand-full of extra major parts I need to purge.

How do you compare these newer ones to the very-first ones you sold to us here? For sure, in a month or two, I’ll be putting the ones I bought from you back in January of ‘23 into 67-type circuits with the Moby transformers I just ordered; I’m just realizing, as I type this, I already have one of them. Oh well. Add it to the big hand-full of extra major parts I need to purge.
v1 has slightly more bass extension, good mids and treble but is too extended at the top, so the high end doesn't sound quite neumanny. It's less band limited than a real k87, which is not always a good thing. The rather tight band limits of the u87/u67 are part of why they are so good on every source

v1 has slightly more bass extension, good mids and treble but is too extended at the top, so the high end doesn't sound quite neumanny. It's less band limited than a real k87, which is not always a good thing. The rather tight band limits of the u87/u67 are part of why they are so good on every source

Again, your transparency and honesty of both the pros and cons of your products as you develop these capsules is greatly appreciated, and all the more unique (unfortunately) when compared to other well-known companies/individuals who seem to fall into 1 of 2 categories: either minimal/non-existant R&D and instead just rebrand stock items with impressively high markups and assurances of stringent QC to justify said markup, or others that build their own but demure from sharing measurement data so freely. I will vote with my wallet for years to come!

(And would love to keep voting when it comes to M7, CK12, M49 body... :)

Back