Arienne Audio - Microphone Capsules

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just ordered a pair of K87 capsules. Excited to finally finish these U87s that have been needing to be completed for months. Hopefully the production process is going as planned and that you aren't dealing with any setbacks.

They are still preorder. It was mentioned earlier that they are close to being in stock
Issue is not huge at this point (1dB loss in bass, still almost 2dB more than a K870 and more than a fair few vintage k87s) & maybe not even worth delaying any longer. Most of my (infamously discerning) testers have reviewed and liked the units, so we'll probably start shipping them this month. This is one of those times where my OCD (literal) makes me hang. It's splitting hairs' hairs' hairs. It's already better than anything else I've heard, especially the mids, but I have trouble accepting even small deviations from my design.

Last edited:
Issue is not huge at this point (1dB loss in bass, still almost 2dB more than a K870 and more than a fair few vintage k87s) & maybe not even worth delaying any longer. Most of my (infamously discerning) testers have reviewed and liked the units, so we'll probably start shipping them this month. This is one of those times where my OCD (literal) makes me hang. It's splitting hairs' hairs' hairs. It's already better than anything else I've heard, especially the mids, but I have trouble accepting even small deviations from my design.
How do you compare these newer ones to the very-first ones you sold to us here? For sure, in a month or two, I’ll be putting the ones I bought from you back in January of ‘23 into 67-type circuits with the Moby transformers I just ordered; I’m just realizing, as I type this, I already have one of them. Oh well. Add it to the big hand-full of extra major parts I need to purge.

How do you compare these newer ones to the very-first ones you sold to us here? For sure, in a month or two, I’ll be putting the ones I bought from you back in January of ‘23 into 67-type circuits with the Moby transformers I just ordered; I’m just realizing, as I type this, I already have one of them. Oh well. Add it to the big hand-full of extra major parts I need to purge.
v1 has slightly more bass extension, good mids and treble but is too extended at the top, so the high end doesn't sound quite neumanny. It's less band limited than a real k87, which is not always a good thing. The rather tight band limits of the u87/u67 are part of why they are so good on every source

v1 has slightly more bass extension, good mids and treble but is too extended at the top, so the high end doesn't sound quite neumanny. It's less band limited than a real k87, which is not always a good thing. The rather tight band limits of the u87/u67 are part of why they are so good on every source

Again, your transparency and honesty of both the pros and cons of your products as you develop these capsules is greatly appreciated, and all the more unique (unfortunately) when compared to other well-known companies/individuals who seem to fall into 1 of 2 categories: either minimal/non-existant R&D and instead just rebrand stock items with impressively high markups and assurances of stringent QC to justify said markup, or others that build their own but demure from sharing measurement data so freely. I will vote with my wallet for years to come!

(And would love to keep voting when it comes to M7, CK12, M49 body... :)

Can Ari or anyone else share their understanding of an option I'm seeing on the order pages, 'specific serial #'? Is that the only way to obtain a FR plot of the capsule, or will measurement data be available to view/download if merely selecting the 'matched pair' option as well?

Also, the perennial question, any ETA on next batches for OOS items?

Can Ari or anyone else share their understanding of an option I'm seeing on the order pages, 'specific serial #'? Is that the only way to obtain a FR plot of the capsule, or will measurement data be available to view/download if merely selecting the 'matched pair' option as well?

Also, the perennial question, any ETA on next batches for OOS items?
https://store.arienneaudio.com/FR/C...=Flat_K47_Target,K47F/Retail_Batch_1/K47F_009

Currently there's a bug where there's variation at 5K and in the bass showing up in the plots that's not present in the actual capsules. Sometimes it happens between sides, sometimes to both sides where there will be this strange u-shaped distortion. Can't figure out what's causing it, some kind of measurement artifact.

Here's a good example:
https://store.arienneaudio.com/FR/C...=Flat_K47_Target,K47V/Retail_Batch_1/K47V_054

Differing at 5K like this between sides is not possible due to the anatomy of the capsule so something has caused one of them to bow down in the middle like that

Got it. I know you have tight tolerances and this makes sense about a bug in measurement, therefore only so much weight should be given to the FR (to say nothing of its more generalized utility that people have strong opinions about)
My question was more about the different options of matching and what the serialization conferred. By no means am I holding you to this, but I thought at one point you said you planned to serialize every capsule and perhaps have a portal where users could access the respective individual data parameters. This sounded almost too good to be true, and a veritable shit-ton of work to set up a semi-automated system that fit into user accounts... so... maybe I'm misremembering or misunderstanding? Just trying to understand your vision / roadmap / meaning of the matching options and measurement side of things, as well as potential variations of capsules like on the K87 page, a drop-down option, albeit 'normal' is the only option, has piqued my interest.
if this is discussed somewhere and i missed it, someone please let me know. Just didn't see anything on website giving more info about this stuff. Thanks!

Got it. I know you have tight tolerances and this makes sense about a bug in measurement, therefore only so much weight should be given to the FR (to say nothing of its more generalized utility that people have strong opinions about)
My question was more about the different options of matching and what the serialization conferred. By no means am I holding you to this, but I thought at one point you said you planned to serialize every capsule and perhaps have a portal where users could access the respective individual data parameters. This sounded almost too good to be true, and a veritable shit-ton of work to set up a semi-automated system that fit into user accounts... so... maybe I'm misremembering or misunderstanding? Just trying to understand your vision / roadmap / meaning of the matching options and measurement side of things, as well as potential variations of capsules like on the K87 page, a drop-down option, albeit 'normal' is the only option, has piqued my interest.
if this is discussed somewhere and i missed it, someone please let me know. Just didn't see anything on website giving more info about this stuff. Thanks!
Every capsule is serialized and that above link is the portal with all of the charts. If you find one that isn't sold, you can select specific serial number and put in the number from the portal and buy that specific capsule

@soliloqueen

Bonjour ma chère dame, comment allez-vous ?...

I would like to ask you, if you have any future plan about the re-creation of the ‘50’s CK-12 Flat-Shallow Dish capsule, that AKG used back in time in the ‘50’s era AKG C-12, AKG-Siemens SM-203 and AKG C414-EB microphones, at an Arianne Audio capsules reasonable price?...

Latest posts

Back