Attenuation Bank

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sr1200

Had a weird idea, not sure if it would work properly or what I really should use to do this, but here goes.
If i took say 8 T-pad (600ohm) attenuators and racked them with in/outs, would that be sufficient to run the output of a preamp (say an API or Neve or Tube Pre etc.) through the attenuator, then into the converter?
I've recently run into instances where I would like to drive some of my pres abit, but the resulting output volume is too much for the converter to handle without being pinned flat 0.
Is there a better solution to this?

Thanks!

If the mic pres can genuinely drive a 600 ohm load then you can simplify it further. Choose resistors RA, RB, RC and RD for the attenuations you require such that they total 600 ohms.

Cheers

ian

Attachments

• 600att.jpg
    600att.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 0
pardon the ignorance on this. you have RD at the center. The total resistance across ALL resistors needs to be 600 or total to and including RD needs to be 600? Im sure that made no sense, so example 1 below total across would be 600 and example 2 would be each leg totalling 600.

ex1)
  1. 50
  2. 50
  3. 100
  4. 200
ex2)
  1. 50
  2. 100
  3. 200
  4. 250

Latest posts

Back