Audio Technica U857Q repair

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ubxf

i have one of these mics , it didn't work when i got it. I opened the bottom xlr and found out one of the wires was broken. After re-soldering it works but with a low output , if i talk directly  into the capsule the level output kicks in almost like if the signal is gated with the floor not all the way down.
I tried to pull the circuit board out from the base but it is not really moving more than 1 cm.
Did any of  you guys ever worked on something similar and could share some advice.
https://www.audio-technica.com/cms/resource_library/literature/1b12e37e689c29e8/u857q_ql_e.pdf
Thanks

ubxf said:
i have one of these mics , it didn't work when i got it. I opened the bottom xlr and found out one of the wires was broken. After re-soldering it works but with a low output , if i talk directly  into the capsule the level output kicks in almost like if the signal is gated with the floor not all the way down.

Never worked on that mic, althoug if the signal sounds gated it could be a biasing problem. The Capsule can be damaged also.

If it's easier to take the capsule out than the PCB you could start by testint the Electret element.

Latest posts

Back