Audix DP7 drum set alibaba?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reason why I’m interested is because I’ve just changed my 4 x tom mics from AKG c418s to 2 x sm57 beta and sm57 and what a difference it’s made!!
Be nice to get another 4 dynamic mics which are just as good if not better than these, any recommendations?

sE V7x have been my workhorse on drums. Currently have them on toms with a 57 on snare top (cheap ribbon on bottom). Have bounced between the V7x and 57 on snare, both are great. I'd love to use the V Beat as it's supposedly mostly the same as the V7x but in clip on format but I couldn't justify an extra $70 per mic.

Side note, and you'll see this in the Sweetwater reviews (one of which is mine), the V7x sounds way too good on acoustic guitar. It's absolutely unreal how good it sounds for a dynamic.

Anyway, tons of good options, happily used the Audix set (the real ones of course) in my live sound days, but am loving the sEs for my studio kit.

Will try a ribbon on the bottom snare, at the moment loving the c414 Eb p48 on the top, but I am using a cymbal case divider over the mic to stop hihat bleed.
I think the biggest difference I can make now is to re head the kit.
I got se1a as close overheads, u87 above stool as mono compressed mic, two ribbons as room mics, c414 top snare, audio technica dynamic, basically a sm57 in short format, sm57s on toms, shure beta52 inside kick and Fet47 outside with duvet tunnel.

Latest posts

Back