Aurycle a460 Help

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duduac

Hi Guys,

I know this is an old topic, but I`m giving a go anyway :D

Just finished soldering my Aurycle using the pcb that came with it until I receive the new ones for the U87 project.

When plugged my mic in a very interesting thing happened, I`ve got no output if I`m speaking on the mic, but if I touch/scratch/knock it I`ve got a clear sound....

Can anyone give some light here? I`m not sure what went wrong and how I can fix it.... I`ve got a multimeter and a signal generator if that helps

Cheers

So are you having issues with the u87 boards from Dany? If so you would be better served asking any questions in the u87 thread. It also sounds like a capsule issue to me. Often times when you have a capsule hooked up wrong you will here a tap or scratch but no sound when speaking.
Eric

I just got done with my aurycle 460 as well,  I had the same problem,  It turned out they had the wires on the XLR wired with diff colors than on the wiring diagram.  Check the pin numbers and make sure everything is wired correctly.  Also a couple other things,  you need o put a jumper between the + - holes on one of the pcb's. 

duduac said:
Hi Guys,

I know this is an old topic, but I`m giving a go anyway :D

Just finished soldering my Aurycle using the pcb that came with it until I receive the new ones for the U87 project.

When plugged my mic in a very interesting thing happened, I`ve got no output if I`m speaking on the mic, but if I touch/scratch/knock it I`ve got a clear sound....

Can anyone give some light here? I`m not sure what went wrong and how I can fix it.... I`ve got a multimeter and a signal generator if that helps

Cheers

Make sure you have your xlr wired correctly follow the silk screen on pcb ,
cold = pin3
hot = pin 2
gnd = pin 1

and also the transformer not sure what you are using tough,

Best,
dan,

Man, you guys are legendary!!!

Just had the wires in different colours as well!!

Just love it!

Looking forward to recording some stuff and the switching to Dany`s board!!!

Thanks for all the help!!

Cheers

Back