automation: the 89MotioN system

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well... a moving fader is a ...moving fader  8)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/70lriu5k0y26enc/89MotioN.m4v?dl=0

start with 20 sec slow ramp
then:
slow wave
mid wave
fast wave
mid square
fast square
mid random steps
fast random steps
::)

It's little noisy (mechanical) with square and steps, but will never reverse so fast with hand automation writing, and what you see is not a real life mix usecase as you can imagine.
Also I thing I over stress a little the belt with intensive test like this one over the past few month. The fader already have something like 5 year use in 2 month  :-X
Anyway it's way  quieter than the C24 i'm work on sometime.

Zam

Hi all

I now have a question, maybe there is here some user of flying/Uptown/Swift/P-mix etc... around.
I have difficulties to completely drop the motor sparkle noise below my noise floor.
I'm wondering what is the spec of all those system (which pass audio, no vca)
I'm around -60dB below my line level, it's inaudible if I run audio through, but I can ear it (far...)  if there is no audio.
Do you think it's an acceptable noise level ? I just have no ideas what can be reached, when involving low level audio at 2 cm from motor.

Best
Zam

Hi
Seems to be solved, for some unknown reason (for now, I will troubleshoot) one of my input unit is less tolerant about external noise, it's the one I manly use to load motor fader, pointing me to the wrong analysis. Now the pb is more local than global design, I prefer this :)
Best
Zam

Excellent job, I'm interested! One question: where did you buy the TDK moto fader dual track (audio+lin)?

Hello

5 years later :rolleyes:
The brand is TKD, check the website for distributor in your location.
But the development is stoped now and system not available any more.

Best
Zam

Back