Avalon 737 schematics, anyone?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ytrehalf

Hey fellas, someone spilled a beer into the Avalon 737 at the studio I'm working at, and smoke resulted.

It appears that the damage was isolated to the output section, but some resistors are charred beyond recognition. I'm mostly looking for component values, but a schematic would be a great help.

Thanks, Brendan

Did you clean all the beer from the circuit? Beer has carbonic acid.

[quote author="Gus"]Did you clean all the beer from the circuit? Beer has carbonic acid.[/quote]

Thanks, Gus. I'm getting some alcohol to take care of that.

This is actually the second time that liquid was spilled into this box (the rack that it's kept in has holes on top of it--bad idea). I can see that the beer is already working away at the solder joints.

I actually got together today with New York Dave to play some Black Sabbath songs :cool: , and he suggested asking Avalon to do a board swap. It's just a small pcb with some transistors, caps and resistors. I'm hoping they'll oblige because the studio owner needs this thing back quick. It actually is a great box for vocals.

If I manage to get schemos you all will get them too!

They're replacing the board for $50.

I probably wouldn't have gone for it but the company is paying for it.

Still waiting on it though.

Back