B9A Tube Shield for EF806

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reinw33

Hi everyone,

I have to order at least two tube shields and I don't know if it will fit properly onto a EF806/6267.
They say it fits onto 12A?7 types. The EF806/6227 is total 60 mm in length (6 cm) but the glas is actuallly 55mm (5,5cm) in length.
By the width of 1" it should fit easily but I have my doubts about the length of the casing.
They say it's a B9A type of case, nonetheless that's what I searched for and came up with.
Screenshot_2024-06-13_13-39-26.png

Last edited:
Should I not worry here?
So it just took me 4 hours or so today to just to order those 4x round aluminum tube shields with a 55mm cap.
And I hope it will fit with the spring inside.
If not I'm going to have to find a bigger tube shield.
What are the standard sizes anyway for those?
I searched online but couldn't come up with any results.
I thought about using an empty deo. spray can and build it into a tube can.⛑️

Why it is necessary? Good EF806s tubes have low microphonics.
I'm not sure weather a tube cap would increase or decreases microphonics in my build.
Also with different suitable subs. tubes available, it's really just there"for the case if" and comparison also.

A tube sheild doesnt prevent microphonics .

The spring inside the sheild compresses and makes thermal contact with the tube ,

There can be minor variations in tube size , that wont make a difference to the sheild , it should still work .

Latest posts

Back