Barry Porter "Net EQ"

Help Support GroupDIY:

Slime_Lord

Gold said:
All four of the bell sections are the same except for the component values. The low mid sections should behave the same way as the other bands.

I’ve gotten behavior like that when I’ve miswired a switch or two. I’d compare the low mid sections to a working section. Double check component values and connections.

Good point, I’m taking it out of the case tonight and will check my wiring, it’s entirely possible I made the same error twice  ;D

EDIT:  Had a 100K resistor at R100 on both boards, switch it to 10K per the schematic and now everything is working as it should!  What a great EQ!

r2d2

ruairioflaherty said:
Hi All,

I have gerbers for Barry's own PCB design as well as a PDF outlining the circuit.  I don't have the means to host the Gerbers so I put them up on yousendit - perhaps someone can download and host.  I don't know if they are good or not as I have neither the skills nor the Gerber reader to tell.

https://download.yousendit.com/WnBReFlZYXkzMWwzZUE9PQ

Can whoever ends up hosting this let me know and I'll email them the PDF of the circuit description.

Cheers,
Ruairi

edited for many typos - too tired. Will email to the GroupDIY account later

Hi Ruairi
any chance for a file re-up ?
thanks

Darioricordi

ruairioflaherty said:
Hi All,

I have gerbers for Barry's own PCB design as well as a PDF outlining the circuit.  I don't have the means to host the Gerbers so I put them up on yousendit - perhaps someone can download and host.  I don't know if they are good or not as I have neither the skills nor the Gerber reader to tell.

https://download.yousendit.com/WnBReFlZYXkzMWwzZUE9PQ

Can whoever ends up hosting this let me know and I'll email them the PDF of the circuit description.

Cheers,
Ruairi

edited for many typos - too tired. Will email to the GroupDIY account later
hi, do you still have those gerber files? Can you share it to me? Thank you

MidnightArrakis

hi, do you still have those gerber files? Can you share it to me? Thank you

Hi Ruairi
any chance for a file re-up ?
thanks
I have placed the "Net EQ" GERBER files onto an online web-storage site that I maintain. Here is the link for anyone who wishes to download these GERBER files for themselves. All of the GERBER files are contained within a single ZIP-file:

Now, can someone send me the "Circuit Description" PDF file? THANKS!!!

Regards,

JBWilliams

/

druu

I have placed the "Net EQ" GERBER files onto an online web-storage site that I maintain. Here is the link for anyone who wishes to download these GERBER files for themselves. All of the GERBER files are contained within a single ZIP-file:

Now, can someone send me the "Circuit Description" PDF file? THANKS!!!

Regards,

JBWilliams

/
The circuit description is in the file I/you uploaded, named "neteq doc.pdf".

JMan

Interestingly, I think you both uploaded the same folder of documents. Thank you for sharing these resources!

anishpurao

Hi,
Is it possible to only share Zip Gerber files for Net EQ, as the earlier Gerber files shows error.

ruairioflaherty

Way back when I originally shared the Gerbers with Gustav for the first run of boards there was some issue that needed correcting. I can't remember what it was. I'm not sure I could find them now.

druu

Way back when I originally shared the Gerbers with Gustav for the first run of boards there was some issue that needed correcting. I can't remember what it was. I'm not sure I could find them now.
Pretty sure it was the drill holes. I fixed this manually back then, I’m sure I still have the files here somewhere. I’ll upload them when I get a chance.

weiss

So i found out that center tapped potentiometers not really are needed to make the unit function properly!

I measured my eq with impulse response (see the attached screenshot): The low band and the high mid band completely works on both channels, left and right. But i still got some problems remaining. Now i was able to visualize it:

It clearly shows, that at a maximum gain setting the low mid band only can reach 2db of gain compared to the 10db gain increase in the other bands.. As this occures on both channels, where would i need to start looking? I already measured the resistors of the low mid band and looked for wrong capacitors.. i am really lost

Also i got these weird moving spikes on the right channel. What could be the reason for that?
Is this just due to the measurement?

EDIT:

Problem solved thanks to Slime_Lord. Just like him i had 100k on R100.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-06-13 um 19.18.16 Kopie.png

Last edited:

petermontg

If anybody has any spare boards going I'll take a pair off you.

If not I'll do a run at the end of the summer. 5 pairs if anybody is interested.

Best
Peter

Latest posts