• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

For Sale Bass DI Output Transformers

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi CJ,
the transformer in the link you posted is a Power transformer and not output transformer,
and the price "New" is $29.
Is there a chance you posted the wrong link?

Thanks Mate

Screen Shot 2023-12-12 at 03.24.02.png

That is a power transformer,

A lot of people wonder which one to use with their project so that link was put there to help solve that problem.

This project requires a power transformer and an output transformer. I am the guy selling the output transformer and the link is the guy selling the power transformer, sorry for any misunderstanding?!

Wanted to chime in on these output transformers. They are awesome. I built two tube DIs and used one on an upright bass for a live show multitracking gig with and using a PCC88 from Christian Whitmore at Pro Audio Tubes and have not needed to use any compression on mix down. I also recommend these for the PSU:

https://frogpedals.com/index.php/product/frog-smps-high-voltage-power-supply/
You can use a small off the shelf SMPS with these and they are dead quiet. I have used two different SMPS's with this PCB and on one occasion I had to put a 1000uF cap between the SMPS and this PCB to smooth out ripple and quiet down the audio circuit, so now I put a cap in there regardless.

Thanks again, CJ, for making these available. Can't wait to use them on studio sessions this coming year.

Thanks!

Paul

Last edited:
Just received one, I'm glad to have been able to snag another. Thanks!

Reactions: CJ
Hey @CJ are these the same as the ones you wound for me quite a few years back (for a REDDI build)? Or are they for a different/evolved circuit?

Thanks!

I'm up for 2. If anyone in the UK is interested and wants to save on postage, then reply. I'll leave this here for a week or 2.
Chris

Feeling a bit silly today, why not try a power xfrmr in the signal of a bass DI? With loose laminations for more harmonics? Pop music played on low Q gear relies, in the absence of proper VLF, on harmonic distortion that conjures the non-reproduced fundamental (like a pipe organ “resultant”).

TX's on the way thanx to CJ
Also donated $20 to the forum
For the excellent service GDIY provides for its community here :cool:

Back