BBC transformers

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ooh if you are looking, could you see if you have any info on the following which I have, and am looking to sell, if I can work out what to describe them as!

LL/81MSC  1:1 in a Mu-metal can

BLACK Shield
YELLOW+ BLUE- PRI 320 Ohms DC
RED+ GREEN- SEC 411 Ohms DC

LL/88ASC  1:1 600:600 Mu-metal can

WHITE Shield
YELLOW-BLUE PRI 32 Ohms DC
RED-GREEN SEC 55 Ohms DC

LG/103ASD 2:1 Step down? Mu-metal can

BLACK Shield
YELLOW-BLUE 385 Ohms DC
RED-GREEN 163 Ohms DC

AL/95H12  Larger transformer, looks more like an output transformer with wiring terminals

Top L-Top M 300 Ohms DC
Top M-Top R 300 Ohms DC
Top L-Top R 0.25 Ohms DC

Lower L+Lower M to 5 Ohms
Lower R

Thanks for any info!

This is what they look like on the inside. Looks like shiny permalloy ni/fe lams strange ei21. Will be rewound to use in something useful to me. And a great buy of not only for the lovely threaded and wood washed mu-can. About 10 bucks a piece of the bay area thrash!

Attachments

• BBC1.jpg
    BBC1.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 82
Some cheapo Home Depot equivalent. Does the work of takin apart modern composite varnish quite good.

Strange lams on this one. Looks like EI but the I-part has outer legs going down about 5mm. Must take apart. My partner just called and informed that water broke. So maybe not tonight :)

MatthisD said:
I've rewound a few of those. Radiometal lams;
http://www.magmet.com/lamination/2425ee.php

Aha! There they are. Thanks. What did you end up with when rewinding? Im thinkin preamp input/audio isolation/ribbon mic etc.

Landins said:
Aha! There they are. Thanks. What did you end up with when rewinding? Im thinkin preamp input/audio isolation/ribbon mic etc.

Like a mini Triad Hs-56 with 38AWG giving a little over 30Henries @100Hz, insulation between layers and screens between pri-sec.

[/quote]

Like a mini Triad Hs-56 with 38AWG giving a little over 30Henries @100Hz, insulation between layers and screens between pri-sec.
[/quote]

Wow! Xl = 2pifL = 6.28x100x30=18840. Lots of umpf in those small lams.

Can Someone tell me if the LL/88 ASC can used as Output transformer for RFZ V781ay?

Data of RFZ V781ay:

Betriebsspannung: 20 - 24V Gleichspannung, Pluspol geerdet (!)
Stromaufnahme: < 90mA (Typ. 45mA)
Frequenzbereich: 40 Hz .. 15 kHz
Eingang: symmetrisch, erdfrei (Übertrager), 2,5kOhm, +12dBm
Ausgang: unsymmetrisch, 3-15 Ohm, +12dBm

Thanks and CHEERS!

Latest posts

Back