Best 1/2" or 3/4" DIY condenser for acoustic guitar?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Che_Guitarra

I'm looking for a microphone solution to record acoustic guitar.  I'm likely going to buy a KM184 unless there's a 1/2" or 3/4" condenser project available that can deliver the goods.  I've been looking through the pages in this sub-forum, but unfortunately my knowledge of mic/model names is limited to the ubiquitous options, and most of them are going over my head.

Is there a project available that I should investigate, or is my best option to buy a KM184?

I was wondering about this as well. Only one I'm aware of is the Alice mic, but then I'm a nkotb.

If you are looking for a DIY SDC, you should try modding an MXL 603(or the like). Stock they suck but, with the capsule housing and body mods they can sound very good. Don't forget to do the electronic mods too!(i.e. input&output caps, some component upgrades/matching ect.)

Beesneez Lulu.

http://www.beesneezmicrophones.com.au/store/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=10

They used to have a two for one DIY option but I do not see it on their site anymore. You could always try messaging them. I have a pair of these and love them. I cannot compare them to the actual KM84 though. I have never used one.

Back