"Best" LDC Mic Capsule on eBay right now?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rock soderstrom

Tour de France
Hi guys, through a few sales on ebay I got some ebay points that I would like to invest in a mic capsule or two.

Which capsules currently available on ebay for a LD mic would you recommend? I'm open to all variants (47, 67, 87, C12, etc).

I'd say Beesneez if you're interested in a CK12 or M7 (or maybe 3U Audio's M7). The Luke Audio platinum sputtered capsules look interesting too. The electrets Kingkorg really likes are on eBay too.

How does it compare to typical Chinese made capsule?
I don‘t think you can get a good Chinese capsule from ebay( at least for my experienced). 3U 251 capsules is best edge terminal capsule i ever had,much better than my Maiku c12 capsule.

I don‘t think you can get a good Chinese capsule from ebay( at least for my experienced). 3U 251 capsules is best edge terminal capsule i ever had,much better than my Maiku c12 capsule.
That's the cheap edge terminated option I'm considering but Guosheng's also hoping to have a proper CK12 made next year. Currently he's sourcing materials for the prototype versions.

Thanks for your input!

What's going on in the sub $100 class? (my ebay points are not enough for more 😬 )
Soliloqueen likes the Fangzhou K47 capsule, I think Dachmann sells them as Series 2 (99$ on his website, 69$ on ebay??)

Does anyone have any actual hands on experience with these? Opinions?

https://www.ebay.de/itm/11451538793...AquwuXSrYzyKiHNhDUSQk2wZs=|tkp:Bk9SR-aH6bfZYA
How good is the Dachman Audio ck12 Series 2 capsule? Who builds them?

https://www.ebay.de/itm/11547862017...8/uNEeXyk5nG24AEFeDDnfEh0=|tkp:Bk9SR-aH6bfZYA

I've used the Dachman K47s. They're good capsules, typical 47 voicing. Haven't been able to compare them against e.g. a Neumann or anything, but very happy with mine. They definitely provide something different than the standard K67 capsules everywhere.

Thanks for your input!

What's going on in the sub $100 class? (my ebay points are not enough for more 😬 )
Soliloqueen likes the Fangzhou K47 capsule, I think Dachmann sells them as Series 2 (99$ on his website, 69$ on ebay??)

Does anyone have any actual hands on experience with these? Opinions?

https://www.ebay.de/itm/11451538793...AquwuXSrYzyKiHNhDUSQk2wZs=|tkp:Bk9SR-aH6bfZYA
How good is the Dachman Audio ck12 Series 2 capsule? Who builds them?

https://www.ebay.de/itm/11547862017...8/uNEeXyk5nG24AEFeDDnfEh0=|tkp:Bk9SR-aH6bfZYA
I have used and measured/reported my finding on that k47. It's exceptionally well made, matched back to front, but i don't like that exact variant personally as it has a bump at about 5k, which makes it sibilant. However, nothing you can't eq. I like flater k47 variants. This one is very close if not exactly same as the Microphone Parts sells. And it's the exact same capsule sold for even less money directly from China.

Takstar k67 is great in any class, i would put it against any k67 in any price range.

Last edited:
Bugger. My k47s from the same supplier arrived today. While they were intact, they don't really sound like k47. They have a bump at wrong spot, and way too large. The sides are exceptionally well matched though. Rear response typical of k47.

For anyone building a u47 with these, you need to get rid of this bump. The capsule is pretty sibilant in worst possible area. I'll probably go with RLC network to fix it.

UPDATE:
Looking at Audio test kitchen graphs, which i confirmed to be quite accurate, Roswell mini k47 has this exact bump at 5K. I suspect this is just cosmetically updated Microphone Parts capsule.

Just for example here it is against @soliloqueen 's k47 which is just perfect. Soliloqueen's is the blue one. I hope you don't mind me publishing the graph.

Graphs are included in the priginal posts. And yes the Dachman capsule is exactly the same as that one.

this sounds interesting. Can you elaborate on the differences? I'd really appreciate it! Thank you!!!

this sounds interesting. Can you elaborate on the differences? I'd really appreciate it! Thank you!!!
My Maiku c12 capsule is sounding muddy and really harsh. I bought it brand new from website.I tried everything I can to tame it. But looks I’m failed. I’m also have Maiku k87 and k47 capsules and they are ok. Just ok I means.
Back to 3u 251 capsules. When i first time installed it and I really surprise. Very balance sound airy but smooth. Big bottom and tight. Compare to Maiku that’s day and night . I can see lots of good reviews on Maiku’s website and I was confused if I have a defeated capsule.

My Maiku c12 capsule is sounding muddy and really harsh. I bought it brand new from website.I tried everything I can to tame it. But looks I’m failed. I’m also have Maiku k87 and k47 capsules and they are ok. Just ok I means.
Back to 3u 251 capsules. When i first time installed it and I really surprise. Very balance sound airy but smooth. Big bottom and tight. Compare to Maiku that’s day and night . I can see lots of good reviews on Maiku’s website and I was confused if I have a defeated capsule.
My experience using a Maiku edge terminated capsule was a little similar. It was definitely brighter than I expected, and didn't really seem like an improvement on the stock capsule the mic had. Maiku allegedly used 3U Audio backplates so I'd expect them to be a bit better. Maiku doesn't provide any sort of measurements of their capsules so you can't really tell which 3U capsule it's supposed to be, people describe the Maikus as smooth so I'd think they're the 3U Audio darker edge terminated or "251" version but mine definitely wasn't like that, mine was bright.

Last edited:
The Maiku K87 is not suited as a replacement for a 'real' K87 capsule.
It is in fact nothing like a real K87...
Have you taken one apart? I know it's supposed to be fairly dark for a K67 capsule. Maybe it's either the 3U Audio dark K67 or another Chinese dark K67 capsule (I think there's one in a thread thats basically 2 TLM103 style backplates).

Back