BGBR is doing some crazy sh*t

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm afraid the world hasn't evolved beyond "lets kill everybody different from us" yet...

The best way to bring cooperation between diverse groups is economically with trade and commerce, but not the kind of commerce currently dominant in Afghanistan (poppy growing). I've long said Afghanistan is more of an economic problem than military, and unless the world steps up to replace that dirty source of income, or heaven forbid legalize it, it will continue to fund lawlessness there.

I remain optimistic, but we have many miles to go before a world wide group hug...

JR

JohnRoberts said:
and unless the world steps up to replace that dirty source of income,

Are they not turning to safran these day's? I've heard something like that.
They only make slightly less money (if at all) that way.

I heard a report from someone who was just over there and said poppies are planted every where... There are a few pilot programs to police it, but nobody expects that to persist or expand after we pull out, scheduled for next July. If we shut it down without a fix today, we are only hurting the people we are trying to support (the people of Afghanistan).

This is a classic case of people in charge ignoring the real problem, because of what it would cost to come up with a viable alternative. Going through the motions and kicking the can down the road.

As odious as this is, decriminalizing it would remove the criminal middle men who use this to fund their bad behavior, but that is hard to justify for the damage that product does around the world. 

Not simple.. or cheap. Afghanistan doesn't have the natural resources wealth like some of it's neighbors. 

JR

Okay I don't know what that was, but they traded millions of shares before it even got started.

Now I'm curious as hell...if that's the word.

Would you guys open the market already?

By the way, they're really doing their show well...more claims in Red Lake plus more prime stuff,
and now this guy on the board.

What a name...what a name.

Omygodomygodomygod...

I can't watch this. Happy kid that he has etching to do because...

Multiple prime acquisitions, John Glasscock added to the board, major hype and worse yet:

Over 3 million shares shorted. If those guys get to eat the squeeze, gah.

Now it's gonna go boom, one direction or the other. Rien ne va plus.

Hickory...dickory...

Better hope for the guys on board that not all the old fools set their computers for stop loss...

...which they did...

There's too many dudes that are happy printing money and securing foreign resources.
Who gives a shit if people need help? Darwin is THE god.

Funny, there's even a crazier theoretical evolution motor around than simple Darwin -
they say "sexual selection", like, not survival of the fittest, but survival of those
most likely to screw more than the others...as in - a peacock is the most impractical
thing on Earth and under Darwin would have to get boring to have a chance at survival,
but with that tail, awwww, the laaaaadies ;)

I can imagine this is basically what's behind all yachts and Mercedeses and villas...

Who knows, you know? Possibly the biggest prob is that we really don't wanna accept
how primitive we are, and so never evolve past that because we lie to ourselves "yeah but
that's not us, honey, we're above that" ;)

Maybe - like - if we loved that part of ourselves instead of fighting it, maybe we could
understand why we are the way we are, and we could tell ourselves, yeah, yacht, fine,
I want one too, but that's just empty, right? I mean, if DIY was just all about owning
stuff, what would be the point? Much cooler to know why it does what it does - you
can't buy that understanding with money, and nobody can steal it, so, you're rich.

As in, you know, having tinkered for 30 years to know how to get 3 transistors to do
exactly that, is the real fortune...or, whatever your thing is.

Because, like, you can always get laid or get rich without doing anything for it, but you
can't just get...what's the word? Mastery?

My best guess at life is that, you can be ultra-poor and work for ever on getting an
exact skill while others work on amassing huge money, and then you both die, and
they go and have nothing, and you go and bring it back next time you incarnate,
and they call you "a natural" and "prodigy" because they don't know where you got it.

Well, guys with yahts may not always be that sexually appealling to the ladies...but surely they might 'love' his money. Power is an aphrodisiac for some people.

To be honest, i think it's sad that people have placed themselves ABOVE everything else.
Everything is seemingly in OUR hands. We're not animals? Were Humans...we're different... were wayyy smarter than everything else.

This kind of mass stupidity has led us to exploit, bully and to a large extent harm large groups of animals, resources, populations, etc.

Human 'animals' need to come to terms with what they are( ie: who am i?) in order to understand how they should live responsibly; as a natural, co-existing part of the planet. I think if we realized that (which i think we're starting to) ...instead of primitive survival instincts, such as selfishness and opportunism, we COULD live in that nice balance that all human animals want.

ie: Welcome to the human zoo.

Yeah...that's my thinking too. Understand that, yeah, we are born into this animal thing,
but we can rise above it if we accept it and understand how it works.

BGBR I think...hmmm...now all the 3million shorters have come out of their holes so we
have a major bounce, might clear 1.6 this time around...

livingnote said:
My best guess at life is that, you can be ultra-poor and work for ever on getting an
exact skill while others work on amassing huge money, and then you both die, and
they go and have nothing, and you go and bring it back next time you incarnate,
and they call you "a natural" and "prodigy" because they don't know where you got it.
There are kids born with "sales" and "moneymaking" skills that are every bit as "natural" and "prodigious"
as any other prodigy. Saul  Bellow notes this memorably (well, I remembered it) in his novel ""Herzog".
The protagonist states that the only way he could explain his brothers uncanny skills at car sales, from a young age, was that he had, clearly, lived before.

Interesting...that's pretty cool.

You mean like he had done the starving something before, so now "no more"?

But you're right on the natural thing. If you're born for something, probly oughta ;)

livingnote said:
Interesting...that's pretty cool.

You mean like he had done the starving something before, so now "no more"?
I took it to mean passing a lifetimes skills on, to be built-upon in the next life again. I'm making no value judgments on what those skills are ;-)
Don't have any faith in reincarnation, myself, though.

Yeah, ultimately you can deduct reincarnation in a logical manner, but there's no physical evidence.

But what I do dig in general is responsibility, I just can't imagine someone screwing people for profit
and then not getting screwed back - which would turn interbanking, I assume, into one big Kindergarten,
because they just wanna get their thing and not consider consequences for even themselves.

So, like, what we percieve as being "evil" is just "not growing up", and in the profit-oriented world today,
actually growing up is pretty hard because the big kids won't let you.

Latest posts

Back