Bitcoin, crypto currency and block chain...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Buying dips has been profitable in the past but at some point it won't.

I am not smart enough to time trades in BTC.

JR
Gambling is a dangerous game even if exciting. I only put in what I'm willing to set fire. My crypto exposure is mostly through the stock market through blockchain mining company. As seen today with Saylor/Musk tweeting about said mining companies agreeing on how it's gonna go it's clear Bitcoin has been taken over and in a matter of time only "allowable" transactions will be added to blocks. Bitcoiners stressing the importance of the white paper should have gamed this out but they celebrated Saylor/Musk's buying and idolized it and now they seemingly sold them out? It will be interesting to watch moving forward as this may be highly attractive to traditional finance while circumventing the "scope of intent" outlined in the white paper. I'm an idiot so don't listen to me.

The dodge master is pimping dodgecoin or maybe just playing games. I don't think he needs more money. He was critical of BTC mining not being green. He should invent a solar cryptocurrency. :rolleyes:

JR

Gambling is a dangerous game even if exciting. I only put in what I'm willing to set fire. My crypto exposure is mostly through the stock market through blockchain mining company. As seen today with Saylor/Musk tweeting about said mining companies agreeing on how it's gonna go it's clear Bitcoin has been taken over and in a matter of time only "allowable" transactions will be added to blocks.
If Bitcoin is controlled, it's not by anyone in America.

You can buy through exchanges with a VPN (such as binance...not binance.us) if you don't want to attach all of your information to them.

I noticed that Tesla reported an impairment charge (loss) on their bitcoin holdings with their last quarterly report. I guess that becomes their new basis for profit/taxes.

JR

Bitcoin up ~100% year over year relative to Christmas, not bad.

Ravencoin halving is in ~2 weeks, the block reward is cut in half from 5000 to 2500 (analogous to Bitcoin's reward falling to 25 from 50 at halving)

ETH 2.0's beacon chain at ~5.1% APY and falling

Proof of work >> Proof of stake

I'm still dead even with BTC, my $0 position is still worth $0

Congrats to all the hodlers....

The closest I will come is my paypal holdings, while that other 7% dividend stock I bought about a week ago is already up 4%. The fed raising interest rates to combat inflation should hurt dividend stocks. Hopefully they don't cause a recession but they seem to be behind the ball on reeling in inflation.

JR

You can stake your BTC (and other cryptocurrencies) for dividends. For a coin with a lot of upside potential and ways to generate passive income I would suggest to investigate DefiChain.

Danger Will Robinson, that smells a little funny.

I've heard stories about stock investors using BTC losses to offset capital gains to reduce taxes. It seems to perfect the loss for taxes you would have to sell and then perhaps buy it back establishing a new lower cost basis. With stocks there is a wash rule saying you can't to wash trades quickly, but BTC is considered like real property so wash rules may not apply. I expect they will adjust the regulations if that becomes a usable loophole to avoid taxes.

I am too old and not smart enough for this crypto voodoo, good luck you all.

JR

Back