"Boutique" opamps from chinese vendors. Anyone tested?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I have not enjoyed the mockery that I was made on when I said paralleling the loop impedance with a zero ohm link does not make the loop impedance zero, and the model I posted in my previous post shows that, I actually have spent some time on modelling this situation and there are interesting bits which I think would be very constructive to discuss. So, I would like moderators' permission to post that. If necessary I can start a new topic. However, this would only be on the condition that this Thor person will stay the eff out of my way. I am not joking, not only I will not be so polite but I will probably end up using a language that I have never used in this forum before.

There seems to be an increasing tendency for threads to go way off topic and descend into arguments between two entrenched viewpoints. It spoils what could otherwise be a quite informative thread. I think those 'discussions' would be better placed in the brewery.

Cheers

Ian

Im not sure encouraging it in brewery is the right thing either ,

There are a few who seem to feel the need to nit pick every word that comes out of each others mouths , each post is a retweet of the previous posters arguments , with its own set of responces ,

It becomes tiresome trying to sort the wheat from the chaff ,
instead of incessantly arguing back and forth ,why not try picking up on the points you do agree on and making that the talking point , we have to accept we wont ever all agree on some matters , none of us are from the same time same space , our life experiences are vastly different in some ways yet the same patterns are appearing time and time again .

Last edited:
Theres no basis for any kind of concensus unless people stop hitting their personal cancel button towards views they may not fully understand or share .

Theres a saying from the Native Americans ,

'Great Spirit ,
Grant that I shall never judge my neighbour ,
until I have walked a mile in his moccasins . '

Last edited:
@Thor,

FIrst of all, I would like to thank you for your patience and effort in explaining what really belongs to the basics of electrical engineering, and that in a rather scientific and grounded way, which is rarely heard from advocates that the power cable has an impact on the quality of the system.
I have tried to explain this to my colleagues many times and I wrote a short simple article on my site about it more than 15 years ago. Anyone who wants to can read it, google translator is quite good (mass loop is ground loop)
http://www.moxtone.com/O_napajanju_audio_uredjaja.htm
@all

This thread really does not deserve to be transferred to the brewery, but that is maybe the fate of all such ideas (with which not all moderators agree, what an argument).
And yes, maybe I don't agree with Thor 100% in everything that he wrote, but I think that what he wrote in his posts really makes sense and it was very interesting for me to read it all. I know it might not count, but I've often done and written things I believe in that many people didn't like.

Although I have not enjoyed the mockery that I was made on when I said paralleling the loop impedance with a zero ohm link does not make the loop impedance zero, and the model I posted in my previous post shows that, I actually have spent some time on modelling this situation and there are interesting bits which I think would be very constructive to discuss. So, I would like moderators' permission to post that. If necessary I can start a new topic. However, this would only be on the condition that this Thor person will stay the eff out of my way. I am not joking, not only I will not be so polite but I will probably end up using a language that I have never used in this forum before.
I have stopped trying to make sense of Thor's posts.

You don't need permission to start another thread on a technical topic in the appropriate sub forum. Sorry no we can't ban Thor from your new thread.

If you have already clearly stated your position on this topic clearly, I do not understand the need to restate it. Trust the intelligence of forum members to read and understand what you already posted.

Sadly many have tuned out of this thread already, that hasn't stopped kibitzers.

There seems to be an increasing tendency for threads to go way off topic and descend into arguments between two entrenched viewpoints. It spoils what could otherwise be a quite informative thread. I think those 'discussions' would be better placed in the brewery.

Cheers

Ian
The current divisive political climate has permeated almost every aspect of modern life, apparently including technical discussions. Moving an argument to the brewery will not stop the bad behavior.
===

I will lock this thread because nobody is responding to the OP's question any more. I predict the same actors will pick up the arguments and corrupt other threads.

JR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back