BSS DPR-402 switch replacement

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ulisch

Hey,

I recently replaced the attack and release switches of my good old DPR 402 compressors, which had gone really bad, so wanted to share my experience.
Apparently these OTAX 12 step switches are very hard to get by. So I researched alternatives and finally found ELMA (swiss made) rotary switches to work for me. (01-1183-3mm shaft)
The ELMAs are slightly larger and have a different footprint, so they need a bit of patch wiring to the resistor network PCB, but other than that no further modifications are required to make them fit.
Make sure you get the 3mm shaft special edition, otherwise the knobs don't fit anymore.
Now the DPR 402´s work like new.
Uli
IMG_9038D.jpg
IMG_9111.jpeg

Hello, I am puzzled because the schematics show that there are only 11 positions for attack an release. So why 12 positions knobs are used (the PCB has 13 holes indeed) ?

Hey,

I recently replaced the attack and release switches of my good old DPR 402 compressors, which had gone really bad, so wanted to share my experience.
Apparently these OTAX 12 step switches are very hard to get by. So I researched alternatives and finally found ELMA (swiss made) rotary switches to work for me. (01-1183-3mm shaft)
The ELMAs are slightly larger and have a different footprint, so they need a bit of patch wiring to the resistor network PCB, but other than that no further modifications are required to make them fit.
Make sure you get the 3mm shaft special edition, otherwise the knobs don't fit anymore.
Now the DPR 402´s work like new.
Uli
View attachment 108153
View attachment 108154
Hello there!

As Zed80 said above and I quote:

"...the schematics show that there are only 11 positions for attack an release. So why 12 positions knobs are used (the PCB has 13 holes indeed) ?"

Would you please answer his question, as I'm interested in the answer, as well.

Found another Switch which works fine: MC00-L1NZQD

Is cheaper and works well so far

Attachments

• IMG_9569.jpeg
    IMG_9569.jpeg
    173 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back