[BUILD] 1176 Rev A - Back to the beginning...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know, but when i opend the link to the rev A picture i got the message: This image or video has been moved or deleted.
Does someone have the picture on his pc and want to post it?

Uploaded!
1176-RevA-Wiring_on-off---m.gif

I think that, for the wires of the output transformer, the blue is for pin 2 and the red for pin 3. It would works in everycase but that way, you stay in phase with the input signal.

Ben A.

just wired my 1176 the same way as the picture. Hear the compression but the meter dont show any GR.
Wired the unit like the picture but like to add the bypass switch on the attack pot. Don't understand the wire process to make this bypass mode work.

Anyone got the GR meter problem before?

Pieter001 said:

Have you done the all the calibrations as described in the 1176 docs?

Discrete meter calibration in this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=at82NxrPQzI&feature=related

Mark

Pieter001 said:
just wired my 1176 the same way as the picture. Hear the compression but the meter dont show any GR.
Wired the unit like the picture but like to add the bypass switch on the attack pot. Don't understand the wire process to make this bypass mode work.

Did you calibrate the unit?

Wiring the bypass switch is VERY simple.  When pad 22 and GRN are connected you have GR on.  When padd 22 and ground (BLK) are connected, you are in bypass.  You can get the ground from anywhere you like.  I connect ground (G) from the mainboard to the ground terminal on my switch, then run a wire from the ground terminal to BLK on the ratio board.  

Mike

@Echo North: Didn't calibrate the unit jet. Thought the meter will show GR but not the right amount before calibrating.
Vu meter shows no movement at all in GR mode

Pieter001 said:
@Echo North: Didn't calibrate the unit jet. Thought the meter will show GR but not the right amount before calibrating.
Vu meter shows no movement at all in GR mode

Calibrate the unit before you do anything.

Hi guys !

I've just finished to calibrate my unit thanks to 5088 in the Meter Section and 5k trim instead of 2k for the Null Adjust. It sounds awesome but the output metering doesn't seems to work well : while on my console I have the meters reaching 0 Vu, on the compressor the meter barely moves ! On GR position it works.
For the 2nd step of calibration (after the Q Bias), instead of measuring voltage between R74 like on the rev D calibration videos on mnats site, I use TP10 and TP11 to reach 0,00 dcV (with R44 out of circuit) : is that correct ?

Thanks

Ben A.

evilcat said:
For the 2nd step of calibration (after the Q Bias), instead of measuring voltage between R74 like on the rev D calibration videos on mnats site, I use TP10 and TP11 to reach 0,00 dcV (with R44 out of circuit) : is that correct ?

Look at post #647.

Mark

I know that video, thanks Mark. When you compare rev D and rev A schematics, Q12 and Q13 are "connected" to R74 in the rev D and to TP10 and TP11 in rev A. My question is : while the calibrations videos are made for the rev D, do I still need to adjust the Null trimmer by measuring R74 ? or do I use TP10 and TP11 (like I did) ?

Ben A.

Im trying to calibrate my unit but the GR meter doesn't show anything if i try to set R71. the multimeter connected to TP10 and TP11 show different voltages when i turn R71 so R71 is not the problem i think. Someone knows where i can check for this problem?

Thanks

The same thing happened to me on my 2nd unit. Do the Null Adjust calibration with R75 by measuring TP10 and TP11, and R44 out of circuit, then the meter should rise in GR mode. Then adjust R71, then R75 again, etc...
And, I forgot, you have done the Q bias calibration first.

Ben A.

Back