[Build]: another Orange 86 (my #3)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Holger

GDIY Supporter
I've recently finished another Orange 86, for me one of the best preamps for the soloist signal.
Measured EIN, terminated with 150Ω, is -124 dBu. Not bad...
I've used the expensive (200 ₤) Sowter 9970/9980 combo, to me a key to the wonderful sound.

3left.jpg

3right.jpg

Yeah, very nice build, idea of using hexagon screws with proper side panels where other are attached is a good one. I really like this kind of construction. Hope you don't mind a few questions.
Mains and phantom controls, not sure about instrument, seem to have interesting way of mounting led indicators. If so, what did you use to mount them and how if this is so?
Measured EIN on Orange pcb was most likely achieved by regulators, do you think well done RC filter and of course layout could achieve similar results? Ruffrecord's thread gives quite a few hints about it, although not for one or two channels i mostly build.

My3gger said:
Mains and phantom controls, not sure about instrument, seem to have interesting way of mounting led indicators. If so, what did you use to mount them and how if this is so?

Simple: I'm using 3mm flat LEDs and fix them with a bit of glue on the back of the front panel.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2016-06-01 um 21.12.32.jpg
    Bildschirmfoto 2016-06-01 um 21.12.32.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 9

Latest posts

Back