[BUILD]CAPI 2-ACA-Bo~Official Support Thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all,
Wanted to share an update on the MCI JH-618 upgrade. Installed everything yesterday and it's working great! Leveraging a pair of Sphere/Quad Eight transformers for the booster amp, Quad Eight AM10 style opamps and adjusted for 10K summing resistors. Wired it as I had laid out in an earlier post with the schematic. Thanks @Brian Roth for the input! It made a fairly substantial difference in the sound of the master buss, super happy with it. I was able to find space in an empty slot and mount the board next the patch bay. Luckily, didn't have to cut any traces on the master module (just remove some components/opamps) and was able to easily run cabling to and from the new PCB. I was able to find the cable runs for the master sends on the patch bay, bring those directly to the CAPI board and balance them. Noise floor is actually lower than before.

One last item is figuring out the mute piece with the voltage drop vs presence.

I'll also be updating our blog as I continue working on the console: https://downbeatstudio.com/2024/05/28/upgrading-our-mci-jh-618-console-part-1/

Thanks all the for help!

IMG_2795.jpgIMG_2796.jpgIMG_2797.jpgIMG_2798.jpg

@beezer4 Cool! I was going to figure out a simple way to trigger that FET but I've been in and out of town so not near my 600 manual. Did you just "ground" the FET gate to keep it in the on mode?

Bri

Back