[Build] CAPI LC25-LC40, 500 Series Rotary Graphic EQ's, Official Support Thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished my first LC40 and I’m getting no sound when the switch is activated. Audio passes through in bypass. Nothing smoked on the inside and solder joints look good.

Where should I start trouble shooting? Also I am using a cheap 500 chassis (Midas L6) and wonder if that may be an issue.

Thanks!

Not sure when you purchased but sometime last year we accidentally pulled 24V relays instead of 12V. Please check those first.

Firstly, you will have to verify that the relays are switching. When in active mode the #8 and 10 gold fingers go to RR5 and RR6. The output transformer GRN and RED go to gold fingers #2 and 4.

Firstly, you will have to verify that the relays are switching. When in active mode the #8 and 10 gold fingers go to RR5 and RR6. The output transformer GRN and RED go to gold fingers #2 and 4.
Those all seem to be in order. I do hear a click when I switch to active. I did notice there was a resistor touching the front plate, could this cause it not to work? Thanks for your help!

You won't get accurate readings with both ends of a resistor soldered in circuit. Some will be right but some won't be. The best way is to verify with the color codes.
Ok, I checked every single resistor against the color code and everything seems to be in place. I am slightly color blind so it’s possible I misread some. Is there anywhere else I should check?

You won't get accurate readings with both ends of a resistor soldered in circuit. Some will be right but some won't be. The best way is to verify with the color codes.
Some good news: Finished building an LC25 today and it turned out perfect. Sounds amazing. Still trying to track down where my volume boost problem with the lc40 is, is there anything other than some misplaced resistors that would cause the jump in volume?

Latest posts

Back