[BUILD] CAPI VP28~500 Series~2-Stage Preamp~Official Support Thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you live anywhere near Brighton. I could take a look. Other than that I will be starting to build a pair of VP28 for a friend when the kits arrive later today. Therefore since I will have the units in front of me it will be easier for me to help you.
I got 0.02v on the second LED down
I live in London
Any help would be appreciated
and i was flowing the joints on the switches and one of the Leds lit up, im guess it was power from one of the caps, but seems strange, on that note, i will go over everything again and check all the correct parts are in there correct places, 2nd time and sort of 3rd////...

Do you live anywhere near Brighton. I could take a look. Other than that I will be starting to build a pair of VP28 for a friend when the kits arrive later today. Therefore since I will have the units in front of me it will be easier for me to help you.
I got power on the second LED down 0.02v
I live in London
any help is appreciated

one led has 0.02v second one down ..... after i disconnect from power , the leds come on if i run a screw driver across the switches, the leds light up for a second
I live london so a bit far, but now considering a trip in the coming weeks , maybe i will buy another one soon and try again or get someone else to try for me
any help is appreciated

btw something is strange with this forum at this moment, sorry for the excessive posts

all leds are showing values,
0.015 and the rest 0.001, they do light up, i think i should change the buttons on the front, i mean as they lit up on accident, when i was passing the solder iron over them when it was turn off and two of them lit up, which is discharge from the caps i guess, i would see why all four could be faulty, but will change all 7....

all leds are showing values,
0.015 and the rest 0.001, they do light up, i think i should change the buttons on the front, i mean as they lit up on accident, when i was passing the solder iron over them when it was turn off and two of them lit up, which is discharge from the caps i guess, i would see why all four could be faulty, but will change all 7....
Led's normally need 1.6v to maybe 3 volts across them to light up depending on their colour.

The 4 indication LEDs are all in the same constant current string. The supply voltage starts at the 48V red LED and goes upward. If an LED is in backwards it will stop the voltage to the remaining ones.

Latest posts

Back