[BUILD] CAPI VPR & 51x~Eleven Space Rack Kits~Official Support Thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
curranm said:
OK, Awesome ONE more question then, can I use the Volker Rack WITH standard 500 series modules like yours ? are they backwards compatible? I want to have the option if I buy any of the 24v modules out there.
First you need to be sure you actually will buy and use a 24V module.
You don't get the 24V for free. The 51X Floor Box PSU has only half the 16V power compared to the VPR version.
Then 99,5% of all standard 500 series modules will fit.

I built the filtered VPR box earlier this week to take my mind off of election day stress (don’t worry, I voted early!), so I thought I’d just post a pic.  Build was very easy and would have been super fast if hadn’t been deliberately moving slowly to prolong the distraction.  I don’t have any modules in it yet (I don’t even own any, I just decided to dive into the 500 series stuff and have a couple of builds on deck for this), but I’m getting the correct +/-16v and +48 on the rails, so I guess it works! 😄  Thanks, Jeff, for helping keep me sane and also adding something new to my studio!

Attachments

• 5C13C592-442E-4214-8E3C-221D3F4C832B.jpeg
    5C13C592-442E-4214-8E3C-221D3F4C832B.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 35
JMan said:
I built the filtered VPR box earlier this week to take my mind off of election day stress (don’t worry, I voted early!), so I thought I’d just post a pick.  Build was very easy and would have been super fast if hadn’t been deliberately moving slowly to prolong the distraction.  I don’t have any modules in it yet (I don’t even own any, I just decided to dive into the 500 series stuff and have a couple of builds on deck for this), but I’m getting the correct +/-16v and +48 on the rails, so I guess it works! 😄  Thanks, Jeff, for helping keep me sane and also adding something new to my studio!

I did the same thing. I bought the rack to get INTO 500 series stuff. I might have had some DIY Recording CP5 Kits, but I don't remember. I definitely had some odds-and-ends collecting to build some of PCB Grinder's SSL 9000 preamps, but I think I built the rack before I had something working to plug into it. Now I'm addicted. THANKS JEFF!  8)

Now I'll be needing a 3rd rack soon!

Latest posts

Back