Build Thread:MS76

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OKAY WE HAVE A WINNER HERE! After mounths of troubleshooting I soldered one bf245 out of a working mono G1176 and voila the problem is gone!!!!
So all the bf245 and 2n5457 I ordered from ebay or banzaimusic berlin have some leakage. So where can I get some working FETs right now ?

Last edited:
OKAY WE HAVE A WINNER HERE! After mounths of troubleshooting I soldered one bf245 out of a working mono G1176 and voila the problem is gone!!!!
So all the bf245 and 2n5457 I ordered from ebay or banzaimusic berlin have some leakage. So where can I get some working FETs right now ?

2N5457 - available at Mouser.
Mouser No:
610-2N5457

Hello,

Someone recently handed off a partially completed MS76 project to me without any documentation. Does anyone have any of the original documentation? It is not on the PCBgrinder website anymore.

Sam

Hello,

Someone recently handed off a partially completed MS76 project to me without any documentation. Does anyone have any of the original documentation? It is not on the PCBgrinder website anymore.

Sam
I have been busy with other work, and left the few PCB orders coming in to my son to take care of as a learning experience. I also gave him free hands to play around with the website, so he can learn, how that works, and it looks like he deleted the reference to the google drive folder by mistake :/

Ill sit down with him and take care of it over the weekend.
I also see there's a message about the mailserver doing odd things up, but he did solve that one with the host, so needs an update in any case.

Note for the build. At the time of designing this, I had gotten the idea that I should be avoiding elcos whenever possible. I never had issues on a build, but its obvious from the thread and the troubleshooting feedback, that implementing the (standard) 10uF on the output of the regulators instead of he 1uF polyester I used in the design clears up about 99% of head-scratchers. With the 1uF, the supply is only marginally stable, causing ripple on some builds, and while I haven't looked into the variables, its probably things like cable lengths and cleaning up soldering.

In any case, its rock solid if you drop in a 10uF, and it will not sound different - was just pursuing a foolish aim :)

Gustav

Hi Gustav,

Thanks for the reply and the advice about the power supply cap. I'll look for the documents on the website next week.

Sam
I have been busy with other work, and left the few PCB orders coming in to my son to take care of as a learning experience. I also gave him free hands to play around with the website, so he can learn, how that works, and it looks like he deleted the reference to the google drive folder by mistake :/

Ill sit down with him and take care of it over the weekend.
I also see there's a message about the mailserver doing odd things up, but he did solve that one with the host, so needs an update in any case.

Note for the build. At the time of designing this, I had gotten the idea that I should be avoiding elcos whenever possible. I never had issues on a build, but its obvious from the thread and the troubleshooting feedback, that implementing the (standard) 10uF on the output of the regulators instead of he 1uF polyester I used in the design clears up about 99% of head-scratchers. With the 1uF, the supply is only marginally stable, causing ripple on some builds, and while I haven't looked into the variables, its probably things like cable lengths and cleaning up soldering.

In any case, its rock solid if you drop in a 10uF, and it will not sound different - was just pursuing a foolish aim :)

Gustav

Latest posts

Back