CADAC G series Combining AMP question

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mg73

They seem to loved Elyt caps at cadac.
Couldn't C1,C2,R1,R3 be combined to only 1 cap and 1 resistor?

And what about moving C6 to between C7 and R12
so it's only in feedback loop and not usual signal path?

Less things to pass for the signal...

eXMD0shg.jpeg

The double capacitors are almost certainly there to prevent dc getting onto signal lines and causing switch clicks. Notice the date on the drawing is Jan 1969. Electrolytics in those days were a lot leakier than they are today.

Feedback resistor R3 has to be connected after C6 so as not to upset the dc conditions of the first transistor.

Cheers

Ian

The double capacitors are almost certainly there to prevent dc getting onto signal lines and causing switch clicks. Notice the date on the drawing is Jan 1969. Electrolytics in those days were a lot leakier than they are today.

Feedback resistor R3 has to be connected after C6 so as not to upset the dc conditions of the first transistor.

Cheers

Ian
So if recapping today only C1 or C2 will be enough?

Regarding C6 I meant having it before R3 but not between the junction between R11,R10 and C7
Like this.

Attachments

• Skärmavbild 2022-08-05 kl. 15.03.40.png
    Skärmavbild 2022-08-05 kl. 15.03.40.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
I don't encourage changing existing successful designs.

If interested in experimenting how about updating with new capacitors all around and then experiments with the changes you propose...

JR

So if recapping today only C1 or C2 will be enough?

Are you using the module on its own or in a console?
Regarding C6 I meant having it before R3 but not between the junction between R11,R10 and C7
Like this.
That would not work right because C6 no longer feeds then output so the benefit of C6 being in the NFB loop is lost. Simplest just to delete C7 and R15.

Cheers

ian

Back