Calrec C2 information needed

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

looking for the usual information if anyone has it. I already e-mailed tech support at calrec but if anyone has any info off hand or a pdf of ther manual can you send it my way. Looking mainly for edac pinouts and such. I am guessing that this will be custom to the specific  C2 in question but worth a shot. 

Did you buy that Calrec that was on CL last week? Couldn't believe they only wanted $500 for it, and me with no disposable cash....:(

yeah... it's a sweet console mainly need pinouts for all the 56 pin edacs. no major problems so far. dude sold it that cheap because it was removed from a jingle house in favor of all in the box. Said 500.00 was the value of the transformers inside which was the reason for such a inexpensive price. It's in working order. the only known issue I seen are some plastic extenders are broken. they go between the pots and the knobs on the channels.  It's currently in my shop waiting to get wired up. I have a grip of b-gauge patchbays I got from apex a while back, I now have a console to mate them too.
best part it's only 5 feet 1 inch long. A whole lotta console in such a small foot print.

Wow, thats a great deal. I've a mate who has one i think. I'll see if he's got any docs.

here is a photo and spec I have been able to obtain so far

24 mono mic line channels that have duel mic input(lundahl transformers)  duel line input. Each mono channel has direct outs,3 band eq, 5 mono aux sends, 1 stereo send. 12 stereo input channels with eq, and aux sends.  8 buss sends, 2 main stereo busses, 2 built in compressors.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    104.8 KB
Beautiful...I remember the ad said it had 4 PSUs.
Someone was giving away a DDA board in Pasadena a few weeks ago that had been picked over, but still had a good number of input and buss channels in it, but I missed that deal also.
One day I'll find something like this.
Thanks for the shots Pucho!

Yes there are 4 psu's with cables. I suspect because it is designed for broadcast that it only requires 2 psu's to work and the others are back up so there is no dead air/downtime.

Pucho, I've got one of these consoles and I think I should have the detail you are looking for, but will have to check the manuals tonite when I get home. Email me so I have your contact.

Michael
e: michael AT junctionaudio DOT com

What a nice score!!! You´re aware of the analog console forum: http://forum.analogconsole.com/index.php
There´s a Calrec section. Two of the moderators are ex-Calrec employees

pucho812 said:
looking for the usual information if anyone has it. I already e-mailed tech support at calrec but if anyone has any info off hand or a pdf of ther manual can you send it my way. Looking mainly for edac pinouts and such. I am guessing that this will be custom to the specific  C2 in question but worth a shot.
Hi,

I find myself in more or less the same position, so I wonder, did you manage to get hold of schematics?...

Calrec have replied, but i am struggling to get hold of the person I was originally asking.

We hope to modify the input channels to have switchable DAW returns placed in the meter-bridge and could do with the mono dual input & stereo Mic schematics.

Cheers.

Attachments

• SAM_0013.jpg
    SAM_0013.jpg
    348.2 KB
Interesting. Where did you get that C2?  Anyway all calrecs where built custom out of various pre existing designs. Your calrec should have a serial number which IIRC can be found in the back towards the meter bridge, on the bottom and near the center section.  From there you can use that to get the edac connections and pinouts as a freebie, schematics will cost you but I never got them as I never intended to mod the circuit.

Now what do you mean by switchable daw returns? the mic/line modules already switch between mic and line and could have the output of protools wired to those line in's

Hi,
I got the C2 from NEP Visions in Uk, - it was used for daytime icons Richard & Judy (I know this because beneath Aux feeds appear names "Richard" & "Judy").

I figured that Calrec put some flexibilty into the design (such as the ability to swap Channel Strips for Groups in the main motherboard) so that they wouldn't have to reinvent the wheel each time a customer came calling. All C2's share, from what I can see, the exact same topography, but with easily configured options using DIL switches and sockets on motherboards.

The plan is to reduce the console in size somewhat. I'm aware the mono dual input has the option to switch physical inputs, but we also need to use the Stereo channels.

Cheers!

O.k. I sold my calrec not too long ago, the offer I got on it was too good and I had to move locations and didn't have space for it.  There are moments I wonder what was I thinking... Anyway all calrecs were custom built off of off the shelf topologies.  Mine had 24 mono mic/line channels and 12 stereo line input channels.  Mine I wired in TT patchbays and would just patch around as needed.  I had it on the patchbay so that the daw outputs were normalled into the stereo channels. Then since the patchbays were all connected via edac I would just swap around edacs as needed.so I could in about a minute or less go from the daw returns being on the line in stereo side to line in mono side.

What is the configuration of your console?

Latest posts

Back