CAPI Big Red-DI build help. (Schematic)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forgotteng

So I built a CAPI ZCON 11 Clamshell from the kit, which is awesome and I love. To increase my skills I decided to take the new Big Red and build my own enclosure and hand wire it. However I do not have a schematic for it. I'm sure this is a simple circuit but with the ground switch and the impedance switch, I'm hitting a road block. Can anyone point me in the right direction for A schematic? 20240514_152209.jpg20240514_152219.jpg20240514_152236.jpg20240514_152245.jpg

Attachments

• CAPI_Big-Red-DI-datasheet.pdf
    107.5 KB · Views: 2
I should say, you can’t measure across the primary and secondary. You can measure the primary or the secondary. Honestly I’d reach out to CAPI. He would probably be of assistance in getting a pinout of th e transformer.

You should be able to measure a few hundred ohms (or low Kohms) between XLR pins 2 and 3, and a higher resistance between the black and red wires going to the input socket, but those two sets of wires will be isolated from each other.

You should be able to measure a few hundred ohms (or low Kohms) between XLR pins 2 and 3, and a higher resistance between the black and red wires going to the input socket, but those two sets of wires will be isolated from each other.
Thanks, I will try this next week when I get back to work,

Latest posts

Back