Gefell MV 691 - Low Output

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smilan

Hi,
I have a Gefell MV 691 with a M71 capsule.
The output of the 691 is significantly lower compared to a MV692 with the same capsule.
I'm suspecting that the DC to DC booster is not supplying enough voltage to the capsule, I measured the voltage between the junction of R10 with C9 and R9 with C8 and it is 41V
The voltage across D1 and D2 is +\- 37V.
So it seems to be too low, isn't it?
I measured the inductance between the coil leads to the ground bus, so BV137 seems to be good.
What else I should test to find the problem with this mic?

Attachments

• 30247-d9e73cf50505eec689f43be50a959e84.jpg
    30247-d9e73cf50505eec689f43be50a959e84.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
I think sometimes the screw wich holds the core halves of the coil together comes a bit loose and therefore reduces inductance. Worth a try to tighten it a bit maybe. But don't overdo it.

I think sometimes the screw wich holds the core halves of the coil together comes a bit loose and therefore reduces inductance. Worth a try to tighten it a bit maybe. But don't overdo it.
Yes, after spending hours trying to find what's wrong with the 691I found the solution for the low output, I was needed to screw the capsule harder than I usually do and the output came back to normal :)

Hi folks, I am running into a similar issue with my mv691. I have a 691 and a 692, and when testing with the same M70 capsule (which sounds great on the 692), the 691 has a high noise floor and virtually no output. I'm using a 48 to 12v converter cable for the 691. I've measured the voltage on the connection where pin 4 comes into the PCB, and it measures a steady 12v, so it seems to be getting the correct power.

What's weird is that when I tap on the metal body or rails on the side of the PCB, it sounds exactly like tapping on the side of a live mic - a full frequency response (as far as the sound of tapping goes). But there's basically no signal off the capsule. Only the occasional thump (and a steady noise floor) with 50-60dB of gain applied.

My first thought was that some of the capacitors may be bad/underperforming. So far I have replaced C1, C2, C4 and C5 to no improvement. I have parts to replace all other capacitors in the circuit, as well as T1 and T2, but am trying to be methodical before I just gut and replace all the components.

Can anyone offer advice on how to approach this? Ideas for test points, insight on what might be going on, anything is welcome!

Latest posts

Back