CBB61 motor start cap

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tubetec

Ive noticed these for sale on ebay , they come in a range of single dual and triple values ,
Its available wire ended or with fast on terminals ,
250 and 400 AC volt ratings , could be useful in crossovers or in tube circuits for coupling/decoupling
theres no mystique or exagerated price tag on these components , the other plus is in a pinch an electrical wholesaler might have them locally ,
I did catch a snip of another post where someone said the ESR was too low after the rectifier in HT circuits , Ive used a 10uf directly after a 6x4 and to be honest Im a bit worried about its longevity , there seems to be a very high initial inrush current , although I didnt measure it , some resistance in series with the winding might help without limiting the ESR of the cap itself which would of course allow more noise to appear across it .

One question I have is if the four terminal caps with fast-ons can allow a better wiring scheme , can the inductances of the component be made to cancel ?
1663424411766.png

Latest posts

Back