• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted CLOSED - 100pf polystyrene capacitor (250V or 350V or 630V)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whoops

GDIY Supporter
Already got the caps

Hello,
I need one 100pf Polystyrene capacitor rated at a minimum of 250v (so it could be 350v or 630v also)

Does anyone have spares and could send me in a letter envelop?

I can buy it from you or also trade the capacitor for an assortment of components, I have a big stock of capacitors, resistors, diodes, transistors. I can send you bag with an assortment of components you need in exchange

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi Rob,
thanks for your message.

Can you check it there's any number rating o the cap itself?

For example this ones have the voltage rating written on the cap, one is 250V and the other is 630V

250V.png
s-l225.jpg

Can I ask why the specific polystyrene dielectric ? Filter ?
I work in a very high voltage environment so I'll see what I can turn up.

I just looked through my stash of old polys from my kit business days and I found a bag full of 150pF polystyrenes (I used lots of polystyrenes) but they were only 50V parts. I didn't use higher voltage parts back in the day, so stopped looking.

They would have been 50 years old too, but old polystyrenes are probably still good.

JR

However it seeems it's not sooo expensive to get them on ebay

I just need 1 cap.
On EBay it’s 12€ plus custom fees would be around 16€ total, for just 1 cap that I need, so it’s too expensive.

Looking for a member here that might have stock and wouldn’t mind to send me one on a normal letter envelope, then no custom fees would be even applied (if outside EU). As I said I can buy the cap or trade for components of my own stock, which is quite extensive

I already did the same in the past, sent many times components in a letter envelope to fellow members that needed something that I had too much off or not an immediate need.

Thanks

I just looked through my stash of old polys from my kit business days and I found a bag full of 150pF polystyrenes (I used lots of polystyrenes) but they were only 50V parts. I didn't use higher voltage parts back in the day, so stopped looking.

They would have been 50 years old too, but old polystyrenes are probably still good.

JR

Thanks JR

Hi Whoops,

you might try Markus through the link I have send you. You will get 6 for EUR 1 and he most likely will be willing to put them in a normal enveloppe.

eBay kleinanzeigen is a German marketplace site owned by eBay. I have done business with Markus several times, he ships outside Germany and hiss stuff is very reasonably priced. Besides that he’s very helpfull.

Good luck contacting him.

eBay kleinanzeigen is a German marketplace site owned by eBay. I have done business with Markus several times, he ships outside Germany and hiss stuff is very reasonably priced. Besides that he’s very helpfull.

Good luck contacting him.

With the help of Chrome's translator tool I was able to register in the website and send a message to Markus. I will wait for his reply, although I was trying to find where to check the message box in the site and I can't find any, so I don't know how to check messages there

I just need 1 cap.
On EBay it’s 12€ plus custom fees would be around 16€ total, for just 1 cap that I need, so it’s too expensive.

Looking for a member here that might have stock and wouldn’t mind to send me one on a normal letter envelope, then no custom fees would be even applied (if outside EU). As I said I can buy the cap or trade for components of my own stock, which is quite extensive

I already did the same in the past, sent many times components in a letter envelope to fellow members that needed something that I had too much off or not an immediate need.

Thanks
Just trying to find you a solution. I would happily send you one for free if I knew mine had the V rating you need. If you want those ones I linked to & can wait until I next got to France (at the latest 29th Oct). I can send them from there so you you avoid customs.

Just trying to find you a solution. I would happily send you one for free if I knew mine had the V rating you need. If you want those ones I linked to & can wait until I next got to France (at the latest 29th Oct). I can send them from there so you you avoid customs.

Thanks Rob, and thanks for your offer mate, but there's no need.
I could also order them from Farnell, but I don't have anything more to order from there at the moment in order to dissolve the fixed shipping costs.
As I said i just need 1 cap, that's it, I will find a solution for sure.
If a fellow member has one to spare, great, if not it's no big deal

The link PH7PCF provided seems promissing and cheap enough

Thanks

With the help of Chrome's translator tool I was able to register in the website and send a message to Markus. I will wait for his reply, although I was trying to find where to check the message box in the site and I can't find any, so I don't know how to check messages
You can check the message box at the bottom of the page by selecting Nachrichten=messages

Latest posts

Back