Complete denuclearization of NK *****ula

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
volker said:
There is, it currently has one chair:
One of my proposed rules was to prohibit ad hominem attacks against public figures too, not just forum members, since these attacks are received by supporters as if personally directed to them. For now not against the rules but I do not encourage this behavior.

That said I understand why Europe is upset at President Trump for disrupting the "old guard".  I hope this makes them feel better about themselves.

JR

I can't really get angry at a child that is too stupid to see it is mostly hurting itself. Trump is deconstructing your democracy at its roots, he dismantles the western community while getting in bed with autocrats and dictators and filling his own pockets. While the demise of the US isn't advantageous to anyone that we consider our friends, globally speaking, at this point I just sit back and enjoy the show. The absurdity and ridiculousness that comes out of Washington day by day by day for over a year now is near impossible to beat by any kind of comedy. My hope is simply that this current administration will have a big cathartic effect and create a vacuum and longing for some real change (Obama wasn't...).

Well, in this case I'd say that pic is merely 'political satire'. Trump is a public figure after all. And I really have seen more biting pieces ;)

Anyway, I understand what Trump did here as quite a stunt (in the good sense). Yes, he pissed of everybody (as he most often does), but walking out on the G7 is also as if sending a message to Kim up front, like saying: 'Look Kim, no matter what I sign, I can easily revoke it. So don't even think about bullshitting me.' And I do see that meeting as an achievement after all -- maybe minor for the US.

And especially so because some critical voices had warned that Trump could only loose by making concessions, while the other side, Kim, probably would be wise enough to not make any promises in the first place. Well, they have a paper now. Let's see what it's worth...

No matter what they say or sign,  NK  has already won , like any communist  country they want to be recognized
and as a player in the game,  they can cheat , delay , play with words and  " move " towards no nukes but in their mind
that could be merely talking about [ and which the answer is no  ] but they're started by Using trump , he thinks he's getting a
nobel prize and they get Legitimized 

Nobel doesn't mean much any more these days. It's probably never been meant to be more than just another political instrument anyway.

Script said:
Well, in this case I'd say that pic is merely 'political satire'. Trump is a public figure after all. And I really have seen more biting pieces ;)

Anyway, I understand what Trump did here as quite a stunt (in the good sense). Yes, he pissed of everybody (as he most often does), but walking out on the G7 is also as if sending a message to Kim up front, like saying: 'Look Kim, no matter what I sign, I can easily revoke it. So don't even think about bullsh*tting me.' And I do see that meeting as an achievement after all -- maybe minor for the US.
More likely re-negotiating pending trade deals (nafta, EU tarrifs, china). Trade pressure is a lever to use with China (and maybe Russia?) to get better support keeping sanctions pressure on NK. 
And especially so because some critical voices had warned that Trump could only loose by making concessions, while the other side, Kim, probably would be wise enough to not make any promises in the first place. Well, they have a paper now. Let's see what it's worth...
I do not expect much to change in the short term, and the 25M or so population there would cause a larger humanitarian  crisis if NK fell, so the likely path for the world is a slow gradual shift, but China will never tolerate a western facing NK, so it won't change all that much or that fast.

JR

Still I'm all for handing out more Nobel's  ;)

And I'd suggest Moon and Kim. A true historic achievement as of late.

Attachments

• hug_getty500_col-lr.jpg
    hug_getty500_col-lr.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 2
JohnRoberts said:
One of my proposed rules was to prohibit ad hominem attacks against public figures too, not just forum members, since these attacks are received by supporters as if personally directed to them. For now not against the rules but I do not encourage this behavior.

You'd be overstepping – only cult members or disciples feel insulted if you attack their leader.

Nobel for Moon and Kim if they pull it off!

Banzai said:
You'd be overstepping – only cult members or disciples feel insulted if you attack their leader.
cool a double pejorative, must be a cult member or disciple to be uncomfortable about seeing POTUS insulted.

I was criticized for calling ACA "Obamacare" because that was considered disrespectful (by his disciples/cult members?) .  I changed my behavior because ad hominem distracts from discussion of more weighty matters. That's kind of why they do it, can't listen to each other when we are yelling at each other.
Nobel for Moon and Kim if they pull it off!
Why wait Nobel doesn't seem very concerned about waiting for results (while they have their own #metoo drama to deal with now).

JR

Back