Cool vid on how vacuum tubes work

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I loved it thank you.  It really does organize the function of a tube (or silicon) into 6 basic ideas that still hold true (I don't know that there are any more now, just more applications, efficiency, speed, power and reductions in size)

But it is not from the 1950's it is a Westinghouse film made in 1943 (21 minutes long).  Which explains the way that most applications are linked to military uses.

bruce0 said:
I loved it thank you.  It really does organize the function of a tube (or silicon) into 6 basic ideas that still hold true (I don't know that there are any more now, just more applications, efficiency, speed, power and reductions in size)

But it is not from the 1950's it is a Westinghouse film made in 1943 (21 minutes long).  Which explains the way that most applications are linked to military uses.
Bruce, good catch on the date and application. I just got mesmerized with the overhyped announcer voice so prevalent from that era, along with the sheer brilliance of all of the uses of the humble valve...:)

Latest posts

Back