Youtube making tubes channel (SignalDitch)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

12afael

I just found this channel in youtube a couple of days ago https://www.youtube.com/@SignalDitch the guy is going through the process of building the machines to make his own tubes, glass lathe, compressors, etc. I think it is super interesting to see the process, all the equipment necessary and the materials.

I was just wondering, if someone would have all that equipment what would be needed to make a new VF14? it is a dimension thing? measure all the part and replicate them? I have always wonder how a 12ax7 can look so different from brand to brand and so close to a 12au7 or 12at7 at the same time.

maybe someone should propose him the challenge

tube making is more or less a lost art now - even if you can get a tube working, there's a very, very long way to the state-of-the-art German tubes at their peak

Replicating something like a VF14 would involve a lot of precision—a mix of dimensions, materials, and the manufacturing process. The variations among tube types like 12ax7, 12au7, or 12at7 often lie in subtle differences, even though they seem similar. It's a blend of craftsmanship and technical specifications. On a different note, content creators sometimes explore avenues like getting real YouTube subscribers to grow their audience. Exploring the intricacies of tube manufacturing sounds like an awesome journey!

Last edited:
Back