current API 2520 schematic

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

reanimatorstudio

Does anyone have the schematic for the current API 2520 opamp? I mean the one in the API 2500.
I was able to open it but the only troughhole resistor is damaged I think it's resistor R15 the one that goes from ground to some diodes and so to the transistors of the input stage. Just for fun I'm trying to repair the opamp. I looks like nothing like the original.

reanimatorstudio said:
Does anyone have the schematic for the current API 2520 opamp?

Highly doubt it. Best to retire it and buy another from API.

Yes I have been working quite a bit on a new API 1608 desk and tried putting some gar 2520 in it and there was barely any difference. Very useable.

reanimatorstudio said:
Sorry thought this was DIY

People have been asking about this schematic for 10+ years on here. The correct schematic has never surfaced, AFAIK.

And to be honest, I think that's a good thing.

New opamp's are only $75 from API. I made a key chain out of one of the 2520's that went bad on me.

The modern ones I have reversed are mostly SMT, only the output transistors and resistors and the input pair are thru-hole. If the resistor is burnt (5.6) the output transistors are bad, this is what usually dies in them...

75$ is a deal. In Belgium they ask 165 euro!!
I've opened the opamp. Once they returned it I'll post some pictures.
@ desol: can you give me the adress where I can order the opamps for such a good price.

reanimatorstudio said:
Can you give me the adress where I can order the opamps for such a good price.

Sure! http://www.apiaudio.com/

Angel is the sales girl there.

@ nielsk: the resistor you mentioned (5.6 ohm) is that the thru-hole one in the 2520?
@ desol: apiaudio is even better, they will send me a new one under warranty and I even didn't get in contact with Angel :). Thanks man!!

Latest posts

Back