Dalcon modules edge connector

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mata_haze

HI,

I have been  tasked  to build  an extender and  bench test  jig  for  some of  the above modules.
they  all have  edac  (I believe) edge connectors but I am not quite sure how to go about measuring  the pitch to find  the right one?

As the console is american I am  presuming  the pitch is somewhere around 0.15 inch, can anyone confirm and/or  point to mating  connectors (male/female)?

thank you!

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-03-05 at 13.45.26 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-03-05 at 13.45.26 (1).jpeg
    267.3 KB · Views: 20
Easy way to determine spacing:  Measure from the edge of the first contact to the edge of the tenth contact.  Divide by 10 and you have your number quite accurately.

mata_haze said:
I have been  tasked  to build  an extender and  bench test  jig  for  some of  the above modules.
they  all have  edac  (I believe) edge connectors but I am not quite sure how to go about measuring  the pitch to find  the right one?

As the console is american I am  presuming  the pitch is somewhere around 0.15 inch, can anyone confirm and/or  point to mating  connectors (male/female)?
appear to mate with American "standard" 0.156" pitch, aka 3.96mm edge connectors.
https://www.mouser.com/datasheet/2/427/eb8-1763099.pdf

let us know how those modules with the Signeteics NE540 amplifiers check out.  HF oscillation is the norm.
presuming console is Nigel's Dalcon that was in Oceanway B.

Latest posts

Back