Dany Bouchard D-12 Build - Pattern select not working and draining voltage.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BINGO!

Yup, upon closer inspection there was a tiny wire connecting the ground to pin 7, then to pin 4. Took it out, fired up the PS and there is voltage corresponding to the pattern selector location and if that wasn't enough, the voltage drain is gone too AND, I have correct voltage, i.e. 60v at cardioid and what appears to be correct voltage up and down the selector.

Plugged in the mic and it's all working as it should. Fig 8 to Omni all there!

I'll give the mic a good once over tomorrow, but I wanted to first say THANK YOU to RuudNL, KrIVIUM2323 and trans4funks1 for your input and guidance where to look and what to try. I had just found a mic repair tech here in LA who said he could fix it and was going to box it up tomorrow and send it off, but you righteous dudes not only saved me a bundle but also helped me learn a ton about troubleshooting this mic.

I'll message Dany about this ground wire issue to look out for that's not in the build guide. Again, thanks everybody. It feels great knowing I built this mic and it works.

Latest posts

Back