DC-DC Converter for Multi-Pattern Phantom powered mic.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SparkleBear

GDIY Supporter
Hey all,

Im working on making a little SMD daughter board much like the one found in the u87ai. I have been building the bom on mouser and came upon a symbol in the schematic that I cannot identify...
What is the component circled in green?

1672938647681.png

Also, how much more after t2 needs to be included... I imagine the feedback resistor r112 is included... do I need to go all the way to r109? I want to use this just like i'd use matador's dc-dc board but it will be MUCH smaller... to be integrated into smaller designs or used as a daughter board on header pins.

Any advice would be appreciated. CHEERS! :)

-Eric

Attachments

• 1672938574380.png
    1672938574380.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
More efficient? Maybe, but also more expensive / labor-intensive, since you'd either have to wind your own, or have them custom-wound.

No mandatory need for two devices, "just" enough diodes and caps connected the right way. Works well enough for Rode...

I only suggested 2 devices because of the need for the dual polarity in this case...
I've used a single device to get up to 80v (schematic about half way down this page: http://www.jp137.com/lts/OPIC.41.pdf ).
Works very well - and no inductors involved!
I just thought it might be easier to use a separate second device to generate the negative supply? .....

I see EJD audio
Do you have an audio company?
I'm aspiring to start an audio company... its still in the budding stages. :) More of a dream at this point... Right now i've just been taking commissions for mic builds in my local community of musicians and engineers. I'm working on my design chops right now...

hello, it’s rather strange that there are different denominations in 2 photos, as I understand it, where 0.22 mH is closer to the original

Hey all,

I started working on this dc-dc project again. My idea is to make a little daughter board that lives on headers so I can use this in various designs. Looking at Henry Spragen's circuit schematic I was wondering if I would need more than the highlighted portion.

1683409806658.png

1683409947328.png

Mostly curious if I would need Q6 and the surrounding passives... Or what i have mapped out would be enough to get the capsule bias voltages.

Thanks friends. :)

-Eric

- You won't (and shouldn't) have 48v at the input of that circuit
- You mixed up the signs of the two output voltages

- You won't (and shouldn't) have 48v at the input of that circuit
- You mixed up the signs of the two output voltages
Thanks mate, always helping me catch my mistakes. Appreciate it.. :)

Q6 looks like an emitter follower for the 9V zener, essentially a regulator circuit with about 8.5V output.
So, the input for that specific dc-dc bias circuit is 8.5v coming off of Q6? If i understand correctly from your guidance.

The first mic I want to bring this into is my km84-47 LDC mic. Basically a km84 circuit with a k47...

1683416289715.png

I imagine putting this dc-dc after R5 (and modifying mic circuit for multi patterns if wanted)... Is it important to regulate down to the lower voltages before going up to +/- 60v?

Thanks for the guidance, wise friends.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back