Deadhorse GSSL Turbo Question (never mind)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sr1200

For some reason i cant delete the post.

Problem solved... these boards are kinda crappy (not the expat boards, those are nice), one of the pads to the ribbon cable lifted and tore from the board/trace.  jumped it, works fine now.

I've read almost every page of the original build thread (somewhere near 300 pages or more?).  I've seen the question asked a couple times in a couple threads, but never seen it answered.

I have a Gyraf GSSL rev 11 board and an expat audio "turbo" board.  The compressor measured and functioned as expected before I installed the turbo board.  Once i put the board in (quadruple checked all the wires and components).  I have  a strange behavior with the meter.  In bypass the meter sits at 0 like a good boy.  When engaged at 2:1 it sits at +4, at 4:1 it sits at about +10 and at 10:1 it goes all the way right.  I have the side chain hooked to the SC in switch (SC is jumpered on the board) and hooked up as per the manual.

If anyone has  some insight to whats going on with this, would be greatly appreciated, and if I missed the answer in another thread, a link would be great.  Thanks as always.

Latest posts

Back