Deaths from climate change

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would have much much quicker, but it was user 37518 who kept it going, bizarrely. Your behavior is getting ruder and ruder. Everyone can stoop to that level.
No, don't blame me for "distracting" you. You always get into more than you can handle, and, by your own admission, you tend to defend things of which you know nothing about. It appears that as long as something checks the boxes of your leftist ideology you are all in for it, even if you have no clue what you are talking about.

Last edited:
No, don't blame me for "distracting" you. You always get into more than you can handle, and, by your own admission, you tend to defend things of which you know nothing about. It appears that as long as something checks the boxes of your leftist ideology you are all in for it, even if you have no clue what you are talking about.
Notice how Recording Engineer apparently still has not looked at the satellite images from another source, the source cited by Greg Reese?
And if that's not enough to satisfy him he can always refer to the original satellite data set. But he won't.

Come on guys let's play nice.... lots of heat but little light.
I agree with the first half of your statement but I respectfully disagree with the second half.

lots of heat but little light.
How would you know? You seem to be as stubborn as Recording Engineer when it comes to not looking at the satellite images.
In fairness, after making that statement, would you now be willing to look at any of the three videos posted? Try the last one.

When you do examine them, if ever, please explain how all these fires started in south Quebec under clear skies from the usual careless camper or lightning strike.
If Recording Engineer can pull himself out of darkness maybe he could provide us an explanation.

Stubborn because I ignore your conspiracy claims du jour....? It seems there is always something cooking.

I make that personal decision to manage my time how I choose.

I stopped arguing with you one web forum ago... Lighten up.

JR

When you do examine them, if ever, please explain how all these fires started in south Quebec under clear skies from the usual careless camper or lightning strike.
I'll entertain a more rational explanation:

"Kyle Hilburn at CIRA said in a June 8, 2023, email to Lead Stories that he sees nothing nefarious taking place in the video on TikTok. He continued:

'I can confirm that our imagery shows a similar picture, around 14 UTC [Coordinated Universal Time] several fires blew up simultaneously. This is confirmed in terms of the smoke and the hot spots. However, rather than representing some sinister conspiracy, I think a more likely explanation is passage of a cold front ... . Certainly we've seen situations like this before, lightning from days before can start small areas that smolder for days and lack hot spots that can be seen by satellite, but then suddenly blow up into fires when stronger winds accompany a frontal passage. The timing of the cold front matches the fire blow up perfectly.' "

https://leadstories.com/hoax-alert/...me-does-not-prove-fires-were-coordinated.html

I'll entertain a more rational explanation:

"Kyle Hilburn at CIRA said in a June 8, 2023, email to Lead Stories that he sees nothing nefarious taking place in the video on TikTok. He continued:

'I can confirm that our imagery shows a similar picture, around 14 UTC [Coordinated Universal Time] several fires blew up simultaneously. This is confirmed in terms of the smoke and the hot spots. However, rather than representing some sinister conspiracy, I think a more likely explanation is passage of a cold front ... . Certainly we've seen situations like this before, lightning from days before can start small areas that smolder for days and lack hot spots that can be seen by satellite, but then suddenly blow up into fires when stronger winds accompany a frontal passage. The timing of the cold front matches the fire blow up perfectly.' "

https://leadstories.com/hoax-alert/...me-does-not-prove-fires-were-coordinated.html
Now that makes sense as another possible explanation.
Thank you.

What's odd is that the Canadian government, according to people on the ground observing, doesn't seem to be too eager to fight these fires and have previously slashed forestry management and firefighting budgets. So whomever or whatever is starting these fires the Canadian government seems to be allowing them to burn and taking advantage - allowing the "crisis" not to go to waste. Rather than bring experienced local firefighters out of retirement and allowing volunteers they're creating theater by bringing in crews from the US and throughout the world and using it as an excuse to blame global warming.

Last edited:
I never used the word distracting or alluded to anything of the like.

You are also becoming rude. I’m capable of that too.

I never used the word distracting or alluded to anything of the like.
I would have much much quicker, but it was user 37518 who kept it going, bizarrely. Your behavior is getting ruder and ruder. Everyone can stoop to that level.
distracted: having one's thoughts or attention drawn away. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/distracted#:~:text=%3A%20having%20one's%20thoughts%20or%20attention,everyone%20else%20%E2%80%A6

Right. I said kept it going. I didn’t blame you for distracting me. What the hell is going on? This is just straight-up weird arguing over crap like this.
I may not be an English native speaker, but apparently Merriam and Webster agree with me. It is not "weird", you throw rocks and then hide your hand behind your back. You stand behind your arguments as long as it is convenient, when it is not, you try to make it sound like everyone attacks you and you appeal to ridicule. Either you mean what you say or you don't.

From the Toronto Sun:

https://torontosun.com/news/local-n...aused-wildfire-in-at-least-one-part-of-quebec
“As we speak, we think that certain elements that stand out may suggest that these fires may be linked. There are a few things that seem suspicious,” Mayor Isabelle Lessard told the local le Quotidien newspaper. “The SQ is investigating in order to make validations, then to see what is happening and if there is a criminal cause behind it, but we are still in validation.”

https://www.westernstandard.news/al...cle_d98aa8ea-0644-11ee-a6f5-5f0886527b40.html
Maybe someone like these guys? (From a file photo.)
AntifaDressedAsFiremen.jpg

Last edited:
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...project-democrat-campaigns-arrested-starting/
Authorities busted a Democratic donor for allegedly starting a “ginormous inferno” in Yosemite National Park. Democratic politicians had insisted climate change was to blame for the blaze, which destroyed more than 100 homes and injured several firefighters in July 2022.

Edward Fredrick Wackerman (his actual name) of Mariposa, Calif., faces a number of charges including aggravated arson following his arrest on Friday. The arson suspect has donated $1,775 to Democratic candidates and committees since 2020, government records show, including a $1,000 donation to Tim Ryan’s failed U.S. Senate campaign in 2022 and $400 to the Lincoln Project, a disgraced liberal super PAC. The so-called Oak Fire destroyed 127 homes and 66 outbuildings. Roughly 6,000 people were forced to evacuate as the inferno torched 30 square miles of land and smoke from the fire drifted more than 200 miles into parts of Nevada and the San Francisco Bay Area.

Forest management Canada is way different than anywhere in the US. The area’s are huge. Both Quebec and Ontario start at the northern US border and extend to above the Arctic circle. Roads stop at some point about a third of the way up. There is only boreal forest until the tree line.

Britain fires up coal plant as solar panels suffer in hot weather

Lin Manuel Miranda Agree GIF by Tony Awards

I was pleasantly surprised to read a column in the WSJ that didn't parrot the typical "climate change" talking points. The column referenced a theory that cloud formation provides a negative feedback mechanism moderating global warming.

I just did a search and found this iris paper

This is far from definitive but shows we need more research to understand the complexity of climate systems.

Koonin well respected author of "Unsettled" notes that climate models average cloud formation and warming/cooling effects over square elements 60 miles long on each side. This averaged cloud data does not provide enough resolution to accurately model climate, so they use fudge factors mainly to get desired target results.

Computer power keeps increasing, so maybe at some point we can realize more accurate climate models without significant fudge factors. 🤔

JR

Recent work by Leeds University using historic radar data to look at Antarctic ice over the last 20 years shows that the total has increased. The alarmists of course cherry pick the data about the bits falling off and studiously ignore the bits that are getting bigger.

Other research show the average temperature in the UK over the last 20 years has remained constant.

Of course neither of these is reported by the mainstream press et al.

Cheers

Ian

Recent work by Leeds University using historic radar data to look at Antarctic ice over the last 20 years shows that the total has increased. The alarmists of course cherry pick the data about the bits falling off and studiously ignore the bits that are getting bigger.

Other research show the average temperature in the UK over the last 20 years has remained constant.

Of course neither of these is reported by the mainstream press et al.

Cheers

Ian
When I was a young kid, the Kevin Costner movie Waterworld came out. They used to teach us at school that that would probably happen some day. Yeah, right. Add that one to the list of fail predictions

From the start of satellite observations in 1979 to 2014, total Antarctic sea ice increased by about 1 percent per decade. Whether the increase was a sign of meaningful change is uncertain because ice extents vary considerably from year to year around Antarctica. For three consecutive Septembers from 2012 to 2014, satellites observed new record highs for winter sea ice extent. These highs occurred while the Arctic was seeing record lows.

The climb came to an end in 2015, and significant decreases in sea ice around Antarctica started to occur in 2016. There have been small rebounds in recent years, but nowhere near the record high of 2014.

Claire Parkinson said:
“When I give public lectures or talk with people interested in the topic of polar ice, somebody will often say something like: ‘Well, the sea ice is decreasing in the Arctic but it’s increasing in the Antarctic, so don’t they cancel out?’” said Parkinson. “The answer is no, they don’t cancel out.”

In the past decade, sea ice around the Arctic Ocean has reached record lows several times, while the extent of ice around Antarctica has reached new highs. This has led to public misconceptions about climate change and the ice around Earth’s poles. Parkinson’s instincts and scientific experience told her that growth in one place does not necessarily offset losses in the other. But instincts are not enough. She dug into the data.

“Even though Antarctic sea ice reached a new record maximum in September 2014, global sea ice is still decreasing,” said Parkinson, who is based at NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center. “That’s because the decreases in Arctic sea ice far exceed the increases in Antarctic sea ice.

University of Leeds said:
The rate at which ice is disappearing across the planet is speeding up, according to new research.

Lead author Dr Thomas Slater, a Research Fellow at Leeds’ Centre for Polar Observation and Modelling, said: “Although every region we studied lost ice, losses from the Antarctic and Greenland ice sheets have accelerated the most.

“The ice sheets are now following the worst-case climate warming scenarios set out by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. Sea-level rise on this scale will have very serious impacts on coastal communities this century.”

University of Leeds said:
Scientists have calculated that the fastest changing Antarctic region - the Amundsen Sea Embayment - has lost more than 3,000 billion tonnes of ice over a 25-year period.  

The research, led by Dr Benjamin Davison at the University of Leeds, calculated the “mass balance” of the Amundsen Sea Embayment. This describes the balance between mass of snow and ice gain due to snowfall and mass lost through calving, where icebergs form at the end of a glacier and drift out to sea.

The results show that West Antarctica saw a net decline of 3,331 billion tonnes of ice between 1996 and 2021, contributing over nine millimetres to global sea levels.  Changes in ocean temperature and currents are thought to have been the most important factors driving the loss of ice. 

The Panama canal is running out of water (inland lake supplies water for locks).... Not because of climate change but the el Nino forming in the pacific ocean.

Yup stuff is changing... any new forecast for the end of days?

JR

PS; It sounds scarier if you throw in the 2' rise tipping point ;) .... according to Greta it's supposed to be over by now.

The Panama canal is running out of water (inland lake supplies water for locks).... Not because of climate change but the el Nino forming in the pacific ocean.

Yup stuff is changing... any new forecast for the end of days?
What's the "fix" for the Yellowstone super-volcano? Or a small asteroid strike? Maybe we could focus on preventing an anthropogenic nuclear holocaust instead.

JR

PS; It sounds scarier if you throw in the 2' rise tipping point ;) .... according to Greta it's supposed to be over by now.
Technically she only predicted this being the beginning of the end. Al Gore's older predictions, however...

How do you know that?
It was reported in the daily newspaper I read.... Wall Street Journal... Including pictures. They only correctly attribute the changing weather pattern to the el Nino about half the time.

WWW said:
ENSO El Niño and La Niña are the warm and cool phases of a recurring climate pattern across the tropical Pacific—the El Niño-Southern Oscillation, or "ENSO" for short.

Breaking news... it's raining in Panama right now, so ship depth restrictions have been lifted, for now. They have unlimited salt water but apparently use fresh water from an inland lake located midway through the canal for part of the transit.

JR

Sorry, John, but that doesn't show it's not related to climate change.

I've been following the science about the jetstream that makes our weather over here moderate. Without it, we would have a much cooler environment. It's known that the jetstream could change direction, which would be catastrophic for Europe. And it's known that global warming could cause this.

The same goes for El Niño.

I can't get the article from the Wall Street Journal. It's behind a paywall. But I doubt that they concluded El Niño isn't influenced by climate change. On the contrary. Currents like El Niño and the jetstream are fundamental to weather prediction and climate change.

According to NOOA, climate change can influence jetstreams like El Niño both ways. But it is influenced by climate change. Only, we don't know which way it will be influenced.

“Depending on its strength, El Niño can cause various effects, such as an increased risk of heavy rainfall and droughts in specific regions globally,” said Michelle L’Heureux, a climate scientist at the Climate Prediction Center. “Climate change can either amplify or alleviate certain impacts associated with El Niño. For instance, El Niño could result in new temperature records, particularly in areas already experiencing above-average temperatures during El Niño events.”

Besides, the past three years have been the driest in Panama since weather observations were recorded.

I have a theory that many of the same people who believe we are experiencing existential climate change, also think we are suffering from a dog food crisis because their pets scratch and fart. That is what dogs do. 🤔 Weather is what the climate does.;)

advertising really works....

JR

Back