Difference in sound between a AC701k and 6072A in a ELA M251?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, the 408a pentode (a 20V version of the 5654/6AK5W/E95F family) is a good sounding tube, I like the whole family (y)
Advantage of the 407a double triode is the 40V heater and the lower Ri. In this respect the 407a is quite similar to the E88CC (and somehow to the VF14 wired as triode)

Last edited:
"Many years ago I put a real VF-14 up for sale on Ebay and Telefunken Electroakousic bought it within minutes. Somebody got a mic from them with a real one in it!"

I don't know if it happens anymore, but I've known of Telefunken putting a real VF14 (non-K, but still measured the same) into their U47...

@terry setter

Does anybody know what tube Telefunken Electroakoustic put inside its VF-14K?
It’s a LM Ericsson 6028 - 408 A tube or any other Sylvania 6028 - 408 A tube that they can have in their hands for just “a dime a dozen”, then they put it with a resistor in a metal can and then they sell it to everybody with their 11.790 € Telefunken U-47 microphone…

After that you have paid all of this ridiculous & hilarious overprice for their 11.790 € Telefunken U-47 microphone and after that you had expelled their warranty time and if you feel that their VF14K Vacuum Tube (U47, U48) tube it’s a little bit too “noiiiiiisyyyy” for your likes, so it is the time for you to replace it with a new one, they are fully joyful to support you for your new replacement by selling you a new one, for only just $750.00 U.S.D.

Yes, that’s right…

What a lucky we are all that we all have this “God Bless America” “Telefunken Electroakoustic USA” Company with their proudly "Made in USA" VF14K Vacuum Tube (U47, U48) for only just $750.00 U.S.D.
Many years ago I put a real VF-14 up for sale on Ebay and Telefunken Electroakousic bought it within minutes.
Very logical as they needed a real Telefuken AG GmbH VF-14 M tube for their “Telefunken Electroakoustic USA” U-47 “Demo” microphone, for the “Demonstration" video comparisons at Vintage King videos…
But as I believe this Telefunken U-47 microphone with the real Telefuken AG GmbH VF-14 M tube remains guarded locked in their safe closet...

Attachments

• LM Ericsson 6028 - 408 A.pdf
    1.5 MB
  • Sylvania 6028 - 408A 1957.pdf
    211.2 KB
Last edited:
anyone got views about 'triode connection' with G2 & G3 together ... vs the more usual method with G3 connected to cathode?

What is the measured difference? Noise? THD?

Sound?

@ricardo

anyone got views about 'triode connection' with G2 & G3 together ... vs the more usual method with G3 connected to cathode?

What is the measured difference? Noise? THD?

Sound?
Direct from the lion’s mouth…

TEST Microtech Gefell M92.1S & Yamaha YC series

Ellen Harper and the Mama's Boys - from OK to LA

ACOUSTIC BASS RECORDING WITH M 990 – LMP Studios Claremont

Back