DIY Graphene/Graphite diaphragm condenser capsule project

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, are you sure you have to glue? generally the screws are enough. Could increased tension can be due to weigth of the ring, if you let it floating while fastening the screws?
I think the diameter does matter… found out that tensioning to about 540 Hz gives you about 1580 Hz after glueing to the K89 ring (21.6mm)

Regular epoxy works great for me, but you don't have to glue it. Are you doing diaphragm sputtering yourself?
Thanks. Epoxy bicomposant?
Original that Neumann use is very easy to remove from the front ring so I don't think it's a cyanoacrylate.
Mentioning a video of Soyuz on YouTube they put the glue on the ring with a brush so I'm trying to find something easy to put and with the right resistance in time/mechanic resistance/not so difficult to remove "ratio".

I'm searching for a machine to do sputtering
because I found ways to buy sputtered mylar but if you do research it's not sostenibile to buy from someone else especially if you have to sputter different diameters of gold or different metals over mylar.
It's not impossible and it's not impossible to DIY but I have to much work to think about a DIY solution.
I am currently trying different kinds of cyanoacrylate with aluminized mylar since the K89 is an edge terminated capsule. Will try epoxy as well. CA hardens very fast…
Maybe you should use Loctite 770 primer for glueing non-metallized mylar.
I tried cyanoacrylate but as I wrote I'm searching for something less "intrusive".

I remember I read somewhere that Neumann in past for m7 used a sort of resin than changed when they moved from pvc to mylar.

Original that Neumann use is very easy to remove from the front ring so I don't think it's a cyanoacrylate.
Mentioning a video of Soyuz on YouTube they put the glue on the ring with a brush so I'm trying to find something easy to put and with the right resistance in time/mechanic resistance/not so difficult to remove "ratio".

because I found ways to buy sputtered mylar but if you do research it's not sostenibile to buy from someone else especially if you have to sputter different diameters of gold or different metals over mylar.
It's not impossible and it's not impossible to DIY but I have to much work to think about a DIY solution.

I tried cyanoacrylate but as I wrote I'm searching for something less "intrusive".

I remember I read somewhere that Neumann in past for m7 used a sort of resin than changed when they moved from pvc to mylar.
Would you share the source where you buy the sputtered Mylar?

HI I saw sputtering machines on Aliexpress for prices around 2K...4K euro, but they must be adapted for your purposes.

Link to one of these sputtering units? (my search skills tends to collapse at ali's pages)

/Jakob E.
These are a couple of examples you find on Alibaba (I haven't searched in AliExpress) but if you contact some of them prices changes a lot if you try to receive them in Europe and offers seems to be on par of other options available in Italy or in Europe.

There's a company that sell a complete system for 8000€+vat (with vacuum pump and a gold target).
If you want I can send details in PM but you can find them using Google.

Buying them from china support is near zero for any problem and they told me those "cheap" sputtering machine are not warranted to sputter on mylar.
In their opinion a high vacuum chamber is needed.
It's not easy.
Maybe someone with more experience on this subject can offer their knowledge.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230929-162535-456.png
    Screenshot_20230929-162535-456.png
    639.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20230929-162418-486.png
    Screenshot_20230929-162418-486.png
    781.9 KB · Views: 1

The one I currently have is Loctite 5min power epoxy.

Back