DIY regrets

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:shock: :shock: :shock:

I was just thinking it would be great to have a reverb solution, but now I know only the crazy ones venture there!!!

[quote author="dale116dot7"]Thanks. You can't see about 30 or 40 SMT capacitors on the back of the board for the 3.3V power supply.[/quote]
Dumb question Dale - why would you do this with hardware when you could do it in software? No disrespect intended just want to understand the motivation.

cheers
Nick

Rent a 480L or M5000 for a day, and I bet you'll be able to answer your own question :green:

[quote author="drpat"]Rent a 480L or M5000 for a day, and I bet you'll be able to answer your own question :green:[/quote]
I'm sure you're right but I'm a guitarist with interest in recording rather than a recording dude with a studio to play with (please don't hate me... :oops: )

Not many people i know have the skill confidence & knowledge
[ or even want to ] work with Digital
Bravo , too bad you couldn't turn that into a high paying job
and take the family somewhere warm !

I was thinking my 436C, switched it on about one time in the past year. Maybe time to check out those mods... Any news on the original EMI mod?

:sam: :sam: :sam:

/Dave

nickt said:
AX84 "Hi-Octane" guitar amp - metal only and I'm a non-metalhead.

LOL.Finally someone agrees with me on his. I took the turret board out of mine and made a JCM800 (it's just  a tweaked up JCM anyway) then I put a bigger PT in it and made the chassis into a Spitfire copy. AX84, yech. The JCM800 seems to retain the essence of whatever you're playing through it, it doesn't lose s strat's clank or quack even with the pre gain pretty high.

Kiira

Back