diy studio compressor & eq question

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tedsorvino

Hi everyone.
I'm quite experienced on building mainly guitar pedals and amps and now I would like to try my luck to the "studio" (semi) parametric eq and compressor world, for personal use. To start with I wouldn't like to try something expensive and very complicated.
So something like a good 3- 4 band (from around 100 to around 15k) parametric eq design with hi and lo pass filters (and maybe Q settings) is good enough for me. As far as compression goes I have worked with the THAT 4301 IC and I like it a lot for use with many instruments and vocals. Any good and tried optical, Vca or fet affordable designs are welcome.
Any ideas, pcb links and schematics for such designs are what I'm looking for. I wouldn't like to deal with overpriced kits etc. So designs with not complicated (3 d printing etc etc) housing would be ideal.

Thanks in advance

You will find threads with the most popular EQ and Compressor projects around here in the "Filters/Equalizers" and "Dynamic Processors" sections of this forum, you should start over there.

For parametric EQ there's an SSL EQ project over here, check the whitmarket

For Compressors, there's lots of them, SSL bus compressor, all 1176 revisions, SSL channel dynamics, LA2A, LA4A...
It's a long list

Back