diy studio compressor question

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tedsorvino

Hi everyone. I've posted mistakenly at the drawning board subforum asking for eq and compressor designs. No reply.
So I repeat my questions (by cutting them in two halves) in these specific subforums.
I'm quite experienced on building mainly guitar pedals and amps and now I would like to try my luck to the "studio" compressor world, for personal use. To start with I wouldn't like to try something expensive and very complicated.
I have worked with the THAT 4301 IC and I like it a lot for use with many instruments and vocals. Any good and tried optical, Vca or fet affordable designs are welcome.
Any ideas, links to other threads, pcb links and schematics for such designs are what I'm looking for. I wouldn't like to deal with overpriced kits etc. So designs with not complicated (3 d printing etc etc) housing would be ideal.

Thanks in advance

This is not meant to be rude at all, but I'd suggest taking a look here:
https://groupdiy.com/forums/dynamic-processors.27/
Scrolling down, I see at least eight compressors being discussed right now on the first page alone. Or for something more specific use the search function (top right of webpage) ?

You can save quite some money by reusing old housings of defunct rack units (sometimes even including the power transformer). And some members might be able to remember or assess how much they spend on components / time building etc.

P.S.: Maybe a little late, but ... welcome to this DIY forum.

Not rude at all Script and thank you for the advice. The reason I added my thread was to filter out the designs' level of difficulty and cost and most importantly dead links. Unfortunatelly there are many in such a huge (and great) forum.

Back